SVP Sports Sale

HockeyMusic

You're not going to find 2.0's in 46. 2.0's are exclusively team-issued, except for the Winter Classic and ASG, but if you're looking for the standard home/away/alternate, you won't find a 2.0 that size. Nobody can wear a 46 over pads in an EDGE cut.

Apparently Dany Briere can. :lol:

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$14 shipping would be in some bag that's likely gonna get squished. So what happens when you get the jersey the crest is all messed up? Are you gonna be happy about it? If you want it safe and sound, you have to use expedited parcel, which has tracking, for >$20.

Whether you use gas/time as an excuse, would you not prefer that the seller be upfront about what the cost is? Personally, I charged actual costs plus $10 for my sale. Call the profit a tip or whatever you want, at least it's clear and the seller wouldn't feel ripped off if he was expecting a bigger tip than what he got.

Its a hockey jersey. I don't give a ratass if its in a bag or not. They are designed to be worn, suffer abuse, and multiple washings. As long as the seller does not fold the jersey through the crest, I don't care. Its likely the person sending the jersey out knows how to send a jersey.

Explain to me the extra time and gas you use/waste by picking something up for someone.

Like I said, I had no issues giving the guy I asked $100, if I got the jersey(s)

Its a hockey jersey. I don't give a ratass if its in a bag or not. They are designed to be worn, suffer abuse, and multiple washings. As long as the seller does not fold the jersey through the crest, I don't care. Its likely the person sending the jersey out knows how to send a jersey.

Explain to me the extra time and gas you use/waste by picking something up for someone.

Like I said, I had no issues giving the guy I asked $100, if I got the jersey(s)

That's your perspective on how you want to receive your jersey. But realize that a lot of people would complain about that.

Regarding the gas or time issue, it could be anything you want to call it. My point was that would you not prefer that the person is upfront with you with how much extra on top of actual costs is gonna be? Does it really matter what I or any seller call this? I could call it my "get-out-of-bed" fee. It shouldn't matter to you as long as I tell you what it's gonna cost you and that you're fine with this markup.

That's your perspective on how you want to receive your jersey. But realize that a lot of people would complain about that.

Regarding the gas or time issue, it could be anything you want to call it. My point was that would you not prefer that the person is upfront with you with how much extra on top of actual costs is gonna be? Does it really matter what I or any seller call this? I could call it my "get-out-of-bed" fee. It shouldn't matter to you as long as I tell you what it's gonna cost you and that you're fine with this markup.

Right, but don't say the cheapest option is $25 when there is a cheaper option. English is a precise language.

Right, so you want to be upfront about it? Call it a tip, not gas! You are going there anyway! You are not going out of your way...you are not spending ANY extra gas by picking something up for someone. Call it "the help me pay for what I just bought fee". I don't care, but don't bulls***. Give me a number and I'll pay it. I'd rather you ask for a bigger tip than try to justify the total by saying "well, gas and time".

This thread has gotten stupid. The point is this: if you want something and someone is helping you out, don't complain what it will cost, regardless of how costs will be justified. They're doing you a favor and you do not NEED the jersey. Case closed. If you don't want it, don't buy it.

Shipping wise, especially to new members, are you going to trust sending something without tracking? That's how you get burnt when Paypal gives them their money back saying "You should have paid for tracking, it's your word versus theirs." And the buyer is always right on Paypal.

Gas and time, there is no reason that if someone's already "going there," you can't pitch in a few bucks to lighten their load a little bit. If I'm driving somewhere far with my friends, regardless of whether or not I was going, I expect a little bit in return. I hate freeloaders.

Jeremy, I said gas and time, I'm not sure The Next One ever did, for the record.

:fight:

LOVE IT!!!

look, i have an idea.

why don't the mods delete the entire thread and IF anyone IS going back to the sale, start a new thread offering to pick up whatever IF you pay upfront and state the price?

(I'll take a Wild 6100 sz 58 or 58 please)

IF someone would've come to me and said it'll cost $100 i may have only ordered 1 instead of 2, but 2 for $155 shipped i can't pass up.

btw, my 2 jerseys came in a bag and they were fine! :thumbsup:

i've seen boxes crushed before too!

let's just drop the whole thing and start fresh.

i LOVE you all!!! :wub:

:o

Right, but don't say the cheapest option is $25 when there is a cheaper option. English is a precise language.

Right, so you want to be upfront about it? Call it a tip, not gas! You are going there anyway! You are not going out of your way...you are not spending ANY extra gas by picking something up for someone. Call it "the help me pay for what I just bought fee". I don't care, but don't bulls***. Give me a number and I'll pay it. I'd rather you ask for a bigger tip than try to justify the total by saying "well, gas and time".

No one said it was the cheapest option? Both OrangeCrush and I said we both prefer to ship things with tracking, which means using expedited parcel, and what that cost is. My English is just fine thank you very much. Seems like you're reading into something that's not there.

Ok, so you would rather I say I'm charging you a $50 tip for a jersey instead me saying I'm gonna charge you $5 for gas? I really don't get what's the big deal with what the seller calls it as long as you agree with the markup?

:D

keep it going!!!

f.y.i...you have a customs tracking # even if you ship 1st class.

the tracking # i got for the 2 i paid for only told when the package (bag, not box) left canada and entered the U.S.A, nothing after.

:huh:

This thread has gotten stupid. The point is this: if you want something and someone is helping you out, don't complain what it will cost, regardless of how costs will be justified. They're doing you a favor and you do not NEED the jersey. Case closed. If you don't want it, don't buy it.

Shipping wise, especially to new members, are you going to trust sending something without tracking? That's how you get burnt when Paypal gives them their money back saying "You should have paid for tracking, it's your word versus theirs." And the buyer is always right on Paypal.

Gas and time, there is no reason that if someone's already "going there," you can't pitch in a few bucks to lighten their load a little bit. If I'm driving somewhere far with my friends, regardless of whether or not I was going, I expect a little bit in return. I hate freeloaders.

Jeremy, I said gas and time, I'm not sure The Next One ever did, for the record.

Correct, in my case, I told them all I wanted was $10 on top of the cost.

But your're right, this thread is getting way off topic and stupid. I shared this great deal with everyone and it's bringing out the worst in people. I'm gonna be a bit more tight-lipped in the future after this.

:D

keep it going!!!

f.y.i...you have a customs tracking # even if you ship 1st class.

the tracking # i got for the 2 i paid for only told when the package (bag, not box) left canada and entered the U.S.A, nothing after.

:huh:

Really? Because whenever I have had something ship 1st class, I was told that tracking isn't available. I will have to keep this in mind from now on. One thing I will say is that when an item is shipped First Class to Canada, the item comes with your original mail, Canada Post wont come to your door and attempt to deliver, they just cram in into the small mail box. Priority and Express will deliver to your door.

As well, once an item enters the US, you can track the item on USPS.com. It's the opposite for me. Once my item arrives in Canada from the US, I can track it on canadapost.ca.

One last thing from me, it's only fair to state the mark up before the purchase has been made. Kind is shady to say "K I bought your jersey, send me $150". The purpose of the sale is to get these jerseys cheap. For the most part these jerseys aren't crazy rarities that we will never see again at a decent price.

I've gotten jerseys at this sale from 2 different members and both have been smooth transactions. So, I'm just putting myself in other peoples shoes here. Well actually there was one hiccup with the wrong jersey being purchased (home vs away) but it's been sorted out. $60 - $100 is an amazing deal, but once you start to creep past the $100 mark then what's the point?

Blah blah blah...

No one said it was the cheapest option? Both OrangeCrush and I said we both prefer to ship things with tracking, which means using expedited parcel, and what that cost is. My English is just fine thank you very much. Seems like you're reading into something that's not there.

Ok, so you would rather I say I'm charging you a $50 tip for a jersey instead me saying I'm gonna charge you $5 for gas? I really don't get what's the big deal with what the seller calls it as long as you agree with the markup?

All I said was English is a precise language...maybe you are reading into something that's not there.

I'd rather you say, "If anyone is interested, I am going to SVP at this time. I would be willing to pick something up if you message me before I leave. If I pick something up for you, expect the price to be $100/jersey (or if it is someone you are close with on the forums, cut back door deals)".

:rolleyes:

I'm putting out a BOUNTY!!!

$100 DELIVERED to the 1st person who gets me a white Wild 6100 sz 56!!!

OR

I will trade 2 Tampa Bay Lightning jerseys for 1 Wild jersey!

Plain English, no confusion, straight forward!

SAVVY?

B)

All I said was English is a precise language...maybe you are reading into something that's not there.

I'd rather you say, "If anyone is interested, I am going to SVP at this time. I would be willing to pick something up if you message me before I leave. If I pick something up for you, expect the price to be $100/jersey (or if it is someone you are close with on the forums, cut back door deals)".

But why say English is a precise language then? Obviously now trying to backtrack cuz now you realize no one said it was the cheapest option.

But why say English is a precise language then? Obviously now trying to backtrack cuz now you realize no one said it was the cheapest option.

Ooo you got me!!111one1!11 Très bien!

I'll be mature and end the conversation. :blush:

Fair enuf. I don't even know why we got into any argument at all.

:rolleyes:

I'm putting out a BOUNTY!!!

$100 DELIVERED to the 1st person who gets me a white Wild 6100 sz 56!!!

OR

I will trade 2 Tampa Bay Lightning jerseys for 1 Wild jersey!

Plain english, no confusion, straight forward!

SAVVY?

B)

You forgot to capitalize "English" :P

It's not an official argument until I get involved.

You forgot to capitalize "English" :P

It's not an official argument until I get involved.

:unsure:

my bad...thanx Professor!!

^_^

Well time for me Chime in here. This may sting a bit but is directed at no one in particular!

Now, For the record.

EVERY SINGLE jersey i've shipped to the usa has been $20/$22 PLUS the $2.50+tx for the bubble pack! That is with a tracking number.

I have no idea what they charge without a tracking number nor do I care! I only shipped tracked.

Also!

TO ALL THE JERKS WHO LIKE TO LOOK GIFT HORSES IN THE MOUTH!

People like that make me sick. Even if I sent you Random jerseys/Random Sizes of Random teams you still would be a KILLER DEAL!

It's a deal @ $100! its a Deal @ $125! It's still a deal @ $150! Think about it!

You don't like it? GO PAY FULL RETAIL! $180+ everytime.

Good luck finding a better price!

Stop being so god ###### cheap.

Monk OUT!

You're not going to find 2.0's in 46. 2.0's are exclusively team-issued, except for the Winter Classic and ASG, but if you're looking for the standard home/away/alternate, you won't find a 2.0 that size. Nobody can wear a 46 over pads in an EDGE cut.

Makes sense...but why did they make 1.0's in 46? Those were on-ice authentics.

(Maybe that was back when Reebok out effort into making jerseys for the fans and consumers)

(Maybe that was back when Reebok out effort into making jerseys for the fans and consumers)

EDGE 1.0 was sold at retail, 2.0 is not sold at retail. The 1.0's were only "on-ice authentics" for one season, if that. Pretty much every player complained immediately after the 1.0's came about, and Reebok made the switch to air-knit and that's the difference between 1.0 and 2.0. If you're going to sell something at retail, you need to have small sizes available. You won't find a team-issed 1.0 in 46. It's really that simple - retail vs team-only.

Edge 1.0 were always meant to be made available to the public as well as to the players. Reebok were forced to make Edge 2.0 when players complained and were then made available to players only. They likely realized that if they offered Edge 2.0 to the public that no one would buy the existing Edge 1.0s, so they never did. After spending whatever dollars in R&D for creating the Edge 1.0, they weren't going to write them off completely after less than a season. So they waited four years to cut their losses on the Edge 1.0 line. Now they're giving us a worse product that's priced higher, probably to make up for the loss they took from Edge 1.0.