Maple Leafs Jersey

ProjectPat

I'm not a Leafs historian by any means, but that combination of crest, shoulder patches and stripe pattern doesn't seem to match any Leafs jersey that was ever used on-ice. The crest and shoulder patches look like those of the 1990's unis, but the stripe pattern is totally wrong. Interesting that it's made of a mesh material, since the on-ice jerseys of that time weren't made of that stuff. Maybe it's just a replica, but I don't think it can be pinned down to any particular season.

It is a replica that does not match any on ice jersey as LAK74 has mentioned

Legit jersey (I.e. not a counterfeit) but probably just something similar to what starter did with the "fashion" jersey in the late 90s

I actually bought it at a car-boot sale back in 97-98 for $2 (I think it was $2 could have been $1 can't really remember.)

My best guess is that it would have been manufactured around 1992-95, but I still think it's kind of weird that it's made of mesh. Most CCM replicas around that time would have been made of thin ultrafil or possibly airknit. Is there a CCM logo on the back hem- if so, could you post a pic?

It is a replica that does not match any on ice jersey as LAK74 has mentioned

Legit jersey (I.e. not a counterfeit) but probably just something similar to what starter did with the "fashion" jersey in the late 90s

Agree, it's definitely a legit replica, and possibly a "fashion" jersey. Size tag is legit, no worries over it being a fake.

That looks like the same material as a Flyers replica jersey that I bought back in high school around 82-83. Mine no longer has a CCM on the back hem because it wore of from being washed. The size tag looks identical also.

It's actually the exact same material as an 80's Montreal Expos BP jersey I have. That particular jersey is also a CCM. Interesting.

That is an interesting bit of information. The jersey material does remind me of the 1980's. But that Leafs shoulder patch didn't come around until 1992, so that's why I'm still sticking with my earlier guess with respect to the time frame.

It's starting to look more and more like that's what happened.