Went to the flyers Carnival and got some cool signatures!

ShipWreck

Just got back from Philadelphia yesterday evening. Had an awesome trip!

Saw a Flyer vs Penguins game Saturday. And Sunday, I went to the annual charity Flyers Carnival. Look at what I got signed :) (Flyers are my fav team - it was so cool to be able to do this):

2 Signed Jerseys (my fav things from the entire trip):

jersey1s.jpg

Signed Photos:

jagr.jpg

bryz.jpg

simmonds.jpg

giroux.jpg

Bryzgalov, Simmonds, Timonen, and Talbot (its a canvas square, ready to hang):

group1.jpg

And Talbot and Timonen signed pucks

pucks.jpg

Awesome stuff. I've been to the Carnival a few times (and worked the Carnival in 2007 when I was an intern for the Flyers). It's a great day, and so much fun to get signatures from the players.

You got a great haul!

Don't mean to take away from ShipWreck's haul but figured i'd post my take away from the carnival.

ajoyza.jpg

14c7edy.jpg

k4wiew.jpg

Got Schenn, Jagr, Giroux, and Briere signed Pucks.

Got Schenn, Jagr, Laviolette, Voracek, Giroux, Coburn, Lilja, Carle, and Briere to sign the Ticket. Had Read and Couturier sign it at an earlier date.

All are great pieces I would love to attend one in the future I hope Simmons is in a good mood when he come sto Toronto for the Flyers signing I am always leary with new NHL players they just scrible at times .Jagr has alway been constant with his graph .

Very cool stuff, Hollywood.

At the stadium, I bought a Simmonds Jersey to replace the Jagr one (I wore the Jagr one a few times) - I managed to get a Simmonds away jersey that was stitched and not heat pressed. I almost got Simmonds to sign the new jersey... But having two jerseys signed (the Jagr and Giroux - the Giroux one still has the tags) AND now buying two jersey frames for them was expensive enough... I didn't wanna sink another $400 (the new jersey and another frame). So, the Simmonds photo and that canvas square that simulates a jersey was good enough for me :)

If I lived in the area, I'd go to all of the signings at the various sports shops that the players do. But, that's not possible. And for the cost of the airfare and hotel, the Carnival was big enough to make it worth it to me.

I actually would have liked to have pics signed by Timonen and Talbot. But, I didn't have any pics of them. I also did not expect to be able to get theirs, but it worked out. I picked up some pucks and brought with me just in case I did manage to get someone else's, though.

Only other one I would have liked to get would have been Matt Read. But overall, I'm very happy with what I got signed...

Now if those jersey frames would just hurry up and ship, I can hang all my stuff up in my office at home :)

I don't like to get my jersey's signed - but that signed canvas is awesome. Where did you get it?

I ordered it from here: http://www.wayfair.com/Game-On-Images-NHL-Flyers-Jersey-12-x-12-Premium-Canvas-in-White-NHL22201012J1W-GQX1191.html

They also sell it on the amazon website.

There is a home and away version. I figured the white of the "away" version would look better.

I have also seens another version where it is like the back of the jersey, and you can put any name and number you want. Originally, I needed a 2nd item for Bryz. I was gonna get one with his name and number on it. But, I decided to just get this one instead, and I figured I could use it for multiple signatures.

I ordered it from here: http://www.wayfair.com/Game-On-Images-NHL-Flyers-Jersey-12-x-12-Premium-Canvas-in-White-NHL22201012J1W-GQX1191.html

They also sell it on the amazon website.

There is a home and away version. I figured the white of the "away" version would look better.

I have also seens another version where it is like the back of the jersey, and you can put any name and number you want. Originally, I needed a 2nd item for Bryz. I was gonna get one with his name and number on it. But, I decided to just get this one instead, and I figured I could use it for multiple signatures.

Should have had Bryz sign a beachball.

Good haul and I'm glad you had a successfull trip!

Very cool stuff, Hollywood.

At the stadium, I bought a Simmonds Jersey to replace the Jagr one (I wore the Jagr one a few times) - I managed to get a Simmonds away jersey that was stitched and not heat pressed. I almost got Simmonds to sign the new jersey... But having two jerseys signed (the Jagr and Giroux - the Giroux one still has the tags) AND now buying two jersey frames for them was expensive enough... I didn't wanna sink another $400 (the new jersey and another frame). So, the Simmonds photo and that canvas square that simulates a jersey was good enough for me :)

If I lived in the area, I'd go to all of the signings at the various sports shops that the players do. But, that's not possible. And for the cost of the airfare and hotel, the Carnival was big enough to make it worth it to me.

I actually would have liked to have pics signed by Timonen and Talbot. But, I didn't have any pics of them. I also did not expect to be able to get theirs, but it worked out. I picked up some pucks and brought with me just in case I did manage to get someone else's, though.

Only other one I would have liked to get would have been Matt Read. But overall, I'm very happy with what I got signed...

Now if those jersey frames would just hurry up and ship, I can hang all my stuff up in my office at home :)

If you need something for Reed let me know he is doing a signing here in Toronto

LOk, cool. I'll think about it and get back to you.

Typically, I only get autographs where I am there to get it. Makes it a little more special than buying something with it. But, I may take you up on it.

Do you know what store he will be at? Some places have a website - just wondering what the costs will be.

Nice collection. Will be great for your man cave/basement. I collect all kinds of Cincinnati Bengals signatures and items like that. They accumulate quickly.

You must be in law enforcement.

Nice collection. Will be great for your man cave/basement. I collect all kinds of Cincinnati Bengals signatures and items like that. They accumulate quickly.

Thanks. It was a bit of a trip, but I enjoyed getting the signatures.. Especially Jagr, since he may not be playing but 1 more year...

It seems nobody is bidding on the carnival jerseys or the WC without the patch game against Boston jerseys. Same thing with the one-game against New York jerseys. I wonder why?

WC was against NYR and the one game was against Detroit. No one is bidding on them because they don't end soon.

The Flyers Charities are auctioning off jerseys worn by the Flyers during warm-ups and a set of game-worn jerseys from last night's Mark Howe #2 retirement night.http://flyers.nhl.com/club/gallerylanding.htm

The warm-up jerseys seem to be CCM jerseys not manufactured by Reebok. Any insight as to where the Flyers got these jerseys? Old-new stock? Note Bryz seems to be wearing a jersey which is NOT goalie cut during warm-ups.

The way Ilya is playing lately, Flyers fans can truly say "We are back in BRYZ-ness"

Merci.

The Flyers Charities are auctioning off jerseys worn by the Flyers during warm-ups and a set of game-worn jerseys from last night's Mark Howe #2 retirement night.http://flyers.nhl.com/club/gallerylanding.htm

The warm-up jerseys seem to be CCM jerseys not manufactured by Reebok. Any insight as to where the Flyers got these jerseys? Old-new stock? Note Bryz seems to be wearing a jersey which is NOT goalie cut during warm-ups.

Merci.

Dear PuckBoy,

If you must know, they were all from my private collection. Back in 1995 I was a film producer and I had all of them made up for "Ferris Bueller's Other Day Off Part II Philadelphia". They were to be worn by Cameron and the scenes called for a lot of cheesesteak eating which can get messy. I wanted the jerseys to stay crisp and new looking so I had 18 or so of them made up. Nevertheless, Matthew Broderick backed out of the film and I had a ton of #2 Mark Howe jerseys on hand.

Recently I was discussing washing the felt on the Winter Classic jerseys with Derek Settlemyre over a cup of soup at the Panera Bread and he had mentioned that he wished he had 18 or so old CCM jerseys for the Mark Howe retirement ceremonies. We struck up a deal and the rest is history. There you have it. True story buddy!

Dear PuckBoy,

If you must know, they were all from my private collection. Back in 1995 I was a film producer and I had all of them made up for "Ferris Bueller's Other Day Off Part II Philadelphia". They were to be worn by Cameron and the scenes called for a lot of cheesesteak eating which can get messy. I wanted the jerseys to stay crisp and new looking so I had 18 or so of them made up. Nevertheless, Matthew Broderick backed out of the film and I had a ton of #2 Mark Howe jerseys on hand.

Recently I was discussing washing the felt on the Winter Classic jerseys with Derek Settlemyre over a cup of soup at the Panera Bread and he had mentioned that he wished he has 18 or so old CCM jerseys for the Mark Howe retirement ceremonies. We struck up a deal and the rest is history. There you have it. True story buddy!

LMFAO