Small Jersey Size

picsaro

Hello,

I want to buy an NHL jersey, yet my problem is that I am a small man: Adult Small is too large, and Youth L/XL is too small. If you look at the two sizes side by side, you'll notice a huge difference in size. There should be some middle ground. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could do? Maybe jeresys from a year or two ago actually came in a dedicated Youth XL or Adults were just sized differently?

thanks

How small a man are you? My lady friend is 5'7" 115 and fits in a 46 pretty decently. She wears a kid's medium shirt normally lol, but it's long on her.

Unfortunately, if you're going to stick with the Premier replicas, I don't think you have any other options. Like Johnny said earlier, the Edge 1.0 authentic comes in a size 46, which I believe would fit a little smaller than a Premier small (it's only about 21" wide), but the sleeves might be slightly long on you. If the Edge 46 still fits slightly large, it might help to wear a thick sweatshirt underneath. I do this to better fill out some of my jerseys that are slightly large on me, like my 6100 authentics.

Also for old CCM authentics a size 44 would probably work, you should get very good deal on them since they are too small for a lot of people.

I'm sure it's all meant in fun, but after reading comments on size 44 jerseys by some of the bigger guys here, one might get the impression that 44's would only fit little kids. Actually, they are probably more roomy than some people might think. I've got around a dozen CCM 44's and I've got plenty of room in them (I'm 5'9".) I tried one on my 5'3" son, and it's quite big on him- the sleeves come to within a couple of inches from his fingertips, and the shoulders are quite wide on him. As for me, I only have 2 Premiers (both medium) and sizewise they compare pretty well to my 44's. So by extension, if Premier smalls are too big for Picsaro, I would think a CCM 44 would be just as big if not more so. I'm sorry I don't have more positive information to offer here.

Thanks for the help everyone. I guess I am out of luck. I have a CCM MEn's Small jersey from around 1997, and it fits me fine. I guess Reebok now has a different idea as to what small is.

Absolutely. If you have one of those CCM replicas with the "hockey rink" necktag, those seem to fit smaller than most. I actually can wear a large in those.

Can anyone tell me why the measurements at http://www.icejerseys.com/sizing_chart.html and http://shop.nhl.com/info/index.jsp?categoryId=2208794 differ? Pit to Pit is different on all of them, and the others are too, though im not sure they are measuraing the same way.

I think the NHL.com chart is way off base with the pit-to-pit measurements; the numbers are way too high. The IceJerseys one seems much more accurate to me, although their pit-to-pit measurements on the Reebok Premiers seem too large as well. As you already guessed, it depends on how you measure. Most jerseys have some kind of underarm gusset, and the width measurement can vary depending on what part of the gusset you measure from.