eBay buyer protection

metaphaze

eBay has refunded me $54.00USD the remaining balance on the TJ Oshie jersey the seller refused to return to me after returning the counterfeit garbage.

I just want to share this with the hive, eBay does not want to be affiliated with counterfeiters, and are willing to go to bat for the buyers.

I've been telling people this. They do not want to get in legal trouble again (Tiffany's almost ruined them a decade ago). So for people that want a refund, let it known to eBay that they allowed a COUNTERFEIT product on their site. They literally have to act if they have any reason to believe you. Seriously, just throw some words around and you can win via scares 99% of the time.

I'm glad you got your refund, but why not post this in the thread with your original messages instead of creating a new topic?

I'm glad you got your refund, but why not post this in the thread with your original messages instead of creating a new topic?

Agreed. But anyway, did eBay ask for any kind of proof that the jersey was fake? And did they make you send it back?

Agreed. But anyway, did eBay ask for any kind of proof that the jersey was fake? And did they make you send it back?

eBay asked me how I came to the conclusion the item was counterfeit. I listed all of the issues with the jersey I found in this forum. I also stated just holding the jersey in my hand I could tell it was a joke.

eBay told me I was not in a position to positively identify it as a fraud (even though we know it is). That is why they made me send the jersey back to the seller, instead of destroy it.

In a sense they played the fence. eBay said the item in question, was questionable enough it should be returned to the seller, and I be refunded in whole for the item. eBay sent me via their messaging service (not eMail) a pre-paid postage slip. They told me once the package arrived back to the seller, weather he accepted the package, or refused it, eBay would refund me the balance owed.

The only thing I can say about this whole ordeal, eBay does not make a habit of re-opening a case that you have agreed to. Saying that, do NOT accept a partial refund for the item, and then expect the seller to refund the balance once he/she receives the merchandise.

Tell the seller you want a complete refund for the item PRIOR to shipping. If the seller refuses, tell eBay in the buyer protection program what you were delivered is a counterfeit, and you are seeking a complete refund in the purchase price & shipping.