experience with lost packages by USPS?

Calciomania

does someone has experience with a lost package by USPS?

i can't understand how they can loose a package that has a tracking number...

if someone has experience maybe i can need some helphow i can go on with them...

thx

manu

if someone has experience maybe i can need some helphow i can go on with them...

thx

manu

They will continue to track the package but if insured you will be refunded that money ,Maybe the person new what was in the package and decided the destination was his house

From experience USPS is brutal in customer relations. I'm in Canada, had a package that went Missing in Action from USPS on the American side, and after I called I got a SOL response from the agent. I provided them with the tracking info, they said that it "must be lost en route" and they can't check the status because it didn't get scanned after initial departure. So, It never arrived, the seller never did anything to rectify the loss on my side, and kept the jersey I traded and is no longer a member on IJ. Needless to say I was super choked.

The biggest issue is sellers in the US sometimes send with First Class Mail International which offers a tracking number, but the tracking itself is not a feature of the service. (Why the hell bother giving a number if it doesn't have any function).

So sellers will send with "tracked" service, but if it gets lost USPS is not liable because the service doesn't offer tracking information.

If your case was shipping with a premium service "Expedited International" or Priority Mail International then you should have a case, but as mentioned, USPS will do a basic search, then call it a loss and pay out if insurance was taken.

I don't trust the Post Office, at all. My trust in them is so beyond gone that when I sent two jerseys to Mike, who's one state away, I insured them for the combined cost of what I paid for the jerseys just in case the morons lost them. I recently ordered a textbook for my psych class that took two weeks to get to me because they took the package from Ohio, to Bethpage (the NYC sorting center on Long Island) to New Jersey, back to Bethpage to me in Brooklyn. The book was sent priority 2-3 day delivery. Luckily the seller was cool, assumed it was lost and gave me a full refund. A week later I got the book.

Also, the USPS is great at giving excuses. The "tracking number" isn't actually a tracking number. It's a "delivery confirmation number" and the only time it's required to be scanned is when it's delivered. Any other scans are "a courtesy". Word for word some fool who answers phones at their 800 number told me one time. I've had s*** get lost, or turn up a month later. Anyway, to answer the question - unless there's insurance on the package, you're screwed. I don't know how the hell they get away with it (besides being the government) but they do. Last I checked, if you gave your property to someone else and it got lost or damaged while in their possession, that was called bailment and whoever lost it is responsible for the value of it. They always tell you "talk to the shipper" when they lose something that wasn't insured, but the fact is that if you pay the seller for shipping costs, the item legally becomes yours when it's shipped (learned that in accounting) and the Post Office lost YOUR property, not the shipper's. USPS seems to think that when they lose something, they're absolved of all responsibility because it wasn't insured. That simply isn't the case, legally, and I'd love to see someone challenge them in court on it. It's neither the buyer nor the seller's responsibility, it's the carrier's, short of a natural disaster.

They're going to tell you they can't help you, though, because they think everyone is stupid and won't know that they as the carrier are actually responsible.

thx

manu

I sell Snapback hats on eBay and they lose 3-5 packages a month. There isn't really much you can do unless if you have insurance. You can call customer service and ask them to try to find the package and 99.9% of the time they don't. To tell you the truth they don't loss them they steal them. Just last week I had a package out for delivery and then the tracking number information says "unable to update tracking" and then the customer emails me and says I never got the package. I called USPS and told them the mailmen has the package in his possession with the status of "Out for delivery" and all of a sudden it gets lost? They're full of crap they steal everything.

Sorry for the long story but best of luck to you on finding your package.

I don't know of any shipper that will give you money unless you insure it.

"Our" problem is that we are cheap.

We "gift" paypal and take away our protection, we claim "men's shirt" on custom forms and take away our protection, we decline cheap insurance and take away our protection and then we complain about it when something goes awry.

Not pointing fingers, I do it too and it's kinda silly if you look at it.

I don't know of any shipper that will give you money unless you insure it.

"Our" problem is that we are cheap.

We "gift" paypal and take away our protection, we claim "men's shirt" on custom forms and take away our protection, we decline cheap insurance and take away our protection and then we complain about it when something goes awry.

Not pointing fingers, I do it too and it's kinda silly if you look at it.

Yes very true that is why I will not ship anything without a tracking and insurance for what the package is worth .I have been screwed over a few times in my early years of ebay but never again .

I had such a hard time with the USPS last Christmas. Tracking numbers don't apply to them and they don't care to help you when you call to ask. My girlfriend's ring shipped through the USPS and went missing after it was last tracked in Texas. The delivery date was supposed to be on 12-05 and did not show up into our mailbox over here in Albuquerque, NM until 12-12. I checked the tracking number with the box in hand and it said that the ring was STILL in a facility in Texas! Such a stupid thing to deal with. To make matters worse, two days after Christmas, two stones fell out of the ring. Shipped it back to the company using UPS and it was back to them in less than a week. I don't like the USPS.

They lost a package I sent this Christmas that had a tracking number. They even talked to the carrier and he claimed that he delivered it, but who knows where it actually went. And their customer service is terrible. The postmaster was told by customer relations to have me fill out a claim form, but she flat out refused and became verbally abusive. I filed the claim myself via the internet, and they are still "investigating". The postmaster lady got a two week suspension without pay, I was told. Cold comfort.

They lost a package I sent this Christmas that had a tracking number. They even talked to the carrier and he claimed that he delivered it, but who knows where it actually went. And their customer service is terrible. The postmaster was told by customer relations to have me fill out a claim form, but she flat out refused and became verbally abusive. I filed the claim myself via the internet, and they are still "investigating". The postmaster lady got a two week suspension without pay, I was told. Cold comfort.

and she knows where you live..?!...mad postal worker with your address ? be afraid, be very afraid

:lol:

Christmas time is absolutely horrible with the USPS. Every year I lose something, whether it is a bill that doesn't come in, a bill that doesn't go out, or a package.

I think that they don't ramp up like UPS/Fedex does and add workers for the rush so the ones they have get overwhelmed and end up making a mess of things.

Just a theory.

For the last two years in December they have put a new carrier on my mail route to help cover the holiday rush. Without fail she always is one house off - I get the mail for the neighbor to the right of me, they get the mail of the neighbor to the right of them and on down the street.

and she knows where you live..?!...mad postal worker with your address ? be afraid, be very afraid

:lol:

Actually she doesn't because there was only the recipient's address, well out of state, on the tracking info she had.

For the last two years in December they have put a new carrier on my mail route to help cover the holiday rush. Without fail she always is one house off - I get the mail for the neighbor to the right of me, they get the mail of the neighbor to the right of them and on down the street.

There is a street one street over called Hidden, I live on Hillwood. I always get the chick's mail and she always gets mine. USPS, Fedex, UPS have all done it.

Luckily we are both cool and just about monthly one of us makes a delivery to the other.

...and no....she's not...