Checking out jersey prices, using the wayback machine..

IIHFjerseycollector

anyone here ever use www.archive.org to check out old websites?

well .. I do.

I ran a search on rivercitysports.com

http://web.archive.org/web/19961114024404/http://www.rivercitysports.com/pro.html

(be patient while it loads)

drool...

and also. I remember getting the USA hockey magazine when I was younger week by week. Saw a Peranis advertisement for 1997 "world cup jerseys" .. they had almost every IIHF team .. Too bad I couldnt even drive then let alone buy my own jerseys..

http://web.archive.org/web/19990208015531/http://www.peranis.com/

(be patient while it loads)

look at the bottom" 1997 world cup jerseys" .link doesnt work, but its pretty cool to see what was out there.I remember speaking with Peranis employees and they said, we never had world cup jerseys. I sent them that and they were surprised.. Couldnt find me a complete list of what they had for sale though..

the links arent complete but its pretty fun to navigate old websites and see the websites that do actually work..

Where the hell was I when authentics were that cheap? I'd have no furniture in my house, just closets full of jerseys. It's amazing to look at that now and just think about it. Back in the 90's you could get a jersey of unbelievable quality, that was identical to what the players wore on the ice, for as little as 80 bucks. Now all you can get (short of team issued or gamers) is an inferior quality jersey that's made in Indonesia and costs 400 bucks lettered at retail.

Corporate greed much?

Where the hell was I when authentics were that cheap? I'd have no furniture in my house, just closets full of jerseys. It's amazing to look at that now and just think about it. Back in the 90's you could get a jersey of unbelievable quality, that was identical to what the players wore on the ice, for as little as 80 bucks. Now all you can get (short of team issued or gamers) is an inferior quality jersey that's made in Indonesia and costs 400 bucks lettered at retail.

Corporate greed much?

+ inflation + marketing

Man, seeing that just made me sad... :noway:

Who's got the time machine?!

I am on RC mailing list from way back as well as Jersey express and when the clearance jerseys came up I would buy lots I have sold and traded some good jerseys that I got cheap

I remember the days when the prices for authentic jerseys varied by teams. Detroit and Toronto were cheap, Phoenix was the most expensive. I can remember getting a Devils jersey for under $80. No authentic was more then $175. This would have been in the mid-90's when I was buying a lot. And then when Starter and ProPlayer both liquidated their inventories within a year of each other, that was a great opportunity to buy a lot of jerseys cheap. But once the CCM/Koho/Reebok monopoly took over, those days ended.

I remember the days when the prices for authentic jerseys varied by teams. Detroit and Toronto were cheap, Phoenix was the most expensive. I can remember getting a Devils jersey for under $80. No authentic was more then $175. This would have been in the mid-90's when I was buying a lot. And then when Starter and ProPlayer both liquidated their inventories within a year of each other, that was a great opportunity to buy a lot of jerseys cheap. But once the CCM/Koho/Reebok monopoly took over, those days ended.

Yes Nike went under and you could get them at sports Authority done up for 50.00 even when CCM all star jerseys 98-99 went very cheap now you have a hard time finding them

I live near a Perannis in Sterling Heights Michigan and I remember walking in and seeing a long rack full of international jerseys back in the 90's. They had the authentics with fighting straps. I don't think I ever paid over $150 for any of them. I bought all the Russian ones I ever saw at that store. I also bought some U.S.A., Canada, Sweeden, and Finland jerseys there. They did have almost every country. I remember seeing France, China, Japan, Yugoslavia, Slovakia, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Czech Republic, Belarus, Ukraine, and others. It took them years to actually sell them all at that store.

I live near a Perannis in Sterling Heights Michigan and I remember walking in and seeing a long rack full of international jerseys back in the 90's. They had the authentics with fighting straps. I don't think I ever paid over $150 for any of them. I bought all the Russian ones I ever saw at that store. I also bought some U.S.A., Canada, Sweeden, and Finland jerseys there. They did have almost every country. I remember seeing France, China, Japan, Yugoslavia, Slovakia, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Czech Republic, Belarus, Ukraine, and others. It took them years to actually sell them all at that store.

some of the jerseys I have still have Peranis tags on them.. originally priced at 129.99 and marked down to 50 bucks. Was truly a sight to see..

We used to get air-knit replicas, early to mid 1990s, from either Great Skate or some place I forget in Ontario for like 30 bucks, when everyone else was selling them for 45 bucks and the ultrafil replicas for 30. Yeah, pro-weights almost never went for more than $125 US. I also have/had some Hockey News' from the late 1980s with one store advertising stuff like CSKA Moscow jerseys made by Tackla. I'd love to get one of those...

Wow, you could buy a Whalers, Nordiques and Jets jersey, at a decent price, and not worry about some low-life scoundrel sniping your Arse at the last minute! That does make me sad.