Jersey Value

Super_Mario_66

I am wondering if anyone can help me out. I may want to put a couple of jerseys on eBay but have no clue what is a "good" price to list them at. I have a white authentic Nike Ducks jersey in size 52 that is customized for Kariya and an authentic Pro Player (red) Florida Panthers jersey in size 52. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I couldn't tell you exactly but it seems that most of the Nike Ducks jerseys have been going in the $50-100 range and the Panthers stuff would probably be lucky to fetch $50.

It's a down-market right now for sellers. You can set whatever price you want, just depends on whether you want to sell it or not. Since your Ducks jersey is customized with Kariya, it should fetch around $100 since lettering would set you back $60 anyways. As good as Pro Player jerseys are, Panther jerseys aren't in demand much. You might get someone to bite for $30, anything much more than that will likely not sell.

I am wondering if anyone can help me out. I may want to put a couple of jerseys on eBay but have no clue what is a "good" price to list them at. I have a white authentic Nike Ducks jersey in size 52 that is customized for Kariya and an authentic Pro Player (red) Florida Panthers jersey in size 52. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Put the Kariya on eBay for 175 OBO and you should clear 100-150 for it. That is what I did, same jersey, same brand, same size...

Can you really expect to get what you paid for a gamer when you go to resell it?

For instance, a Briere game-worn on MeiGray lists at 1250. If I buy it today, I really doubt somebody would pay me that much a few years from now. Do people who collect jerseys do it for investment purposes? What factors does MeiGray base their pricing on? THANKS. Merci.

If anything, I would say that MeiGray sets their prices on what they believe a collector would be willing to pay for a particular player's jersey. Perhaps that's why we see so many jerseys from 3 or 4 years ago still sitting around on their site - simply because the collectors out there aren't willing to shell out the asking price. And that's also a reason for their annual summer sales - to try to flush out their sitting inventory by slashing the prices in half to encouraging people to buy their low-demand jerseys. I would also be inclined to say that they take into consideration game worn jersey auctions such as Classic Auctions Gamewornauctions, and even their own auctions in figuring their prices.

Also, if you buy the Briere jersey at retail, don't expect to get back anywhere near what you paid for it, especially in today's jersey market. It's usually easier to pressure a collector into selling for less than it would to pressure a big dealer like MeiGray, simply because of the human aspect (collectors most-often have lives and jobs to carry on with, as well as living expenses). So it's something to consider if you're thinking of buying.

And that's my €0.02, erm... $0.02