Question on eBay jersey

Beukeboom

Does anyone know if the seller projerseys is legitimate? His feedback profile seems to indicate as much but I was wondering if anyone here has personal experience with that seller.

Getting started in jersey collecting and I'm a bit overwhelmed taking in all this information: authentic, replica, proplayer, tbtc, etc.

He sells replicas, and I'm personally not a fan of all of his stuff. The Stanley Cup jerseys he sells are inaccurate. I think I remember them having drawstrings on the neck, which they shouldn't have, among other things wrong with them.

Unless you want to pay retail prices there really is no set "best place" to get authentic stuff. It really comes down to finding the best deal on whatever jersey you want, and then picking the best place to get it customized. Each team does their jerseys differently, so different customizers are better for different teams jerseys.

There are two "Pro Jerseys" on eBay. Both are legit retail sellers of jerseys.

Seller Id "projerseys" on eBay, is a New York area company (pro-jerseys.com) that specializes in Rangers replica jerseys (CCM 550 and RBK Premier). The do their own customization and the quality is good, I have had them do a few Rangers jerseys for me in the past.

Seller Id "pro-jerseys" on eBay is a Canadian company (customthrowbackjerseys.com) that sells quite a few of the CCM Vintage replica jerseys for many teams. I believe they do their own customization. I have never bought from them.

There are two "Pro Jerseys" on eBay. Both are legit retail sellers of jerseys.

Seller Id "projerseys" on eBay, is a New York area company (pro-jerseys.com) that specializes in Rangers replica jerseys (CCM 550 and RBK Premier). The do their own customization and the quality is good, I have had them do a few Rangers jerseys for me in the past.

Seller Id "pro-jerseys" on eBay is a Canadian company (customthrowbackjerseys.com) that sells quite a few of the CCM Vintage replica jerseys for many teams. I believe they do their own customization. I have never bought from them.

Correct on the New York area company, but the replicas they use for the 94 SCF jerseys are not accurate on details such as CCM logo placement and neck strings.

Correct on the New York area company, but the replicas they use for the 94 SCF jerseys are not accurate on details such as CCM logo placement and neck strings.

They don't have the correct hem striping either.

I bought a jersey from the Canadian company earlier this year. Without getting into details, I'll just say that it was the most inaccurate jersey I've ever ordered (except for the one fake I unwittingly bought before that). It was a valuable lesson for me, though.

This has been covered before, they are CCM 550s and are labeled as such. They are retail jerseys not vintage collectors items. Would I buy one? No - but seriously it's like you guys think he's doing something criminal for offering a '94 cup patch on a CCM 550 jersey. Guess what, I'm sure they are replica patches too. He didn't manufacture the jerseys so why all the hate for him selling legit CCM 550 jerseys with the option of patch?

I just want to add that the projerseys (projerseys.com) seller dont use nameplates on the RBK Premier's but the quality is excellent.

I bought a jersey from the Canadian company earlier this year. Without getting into details, I'll just say that it was the most inaccurate jersey I've ever ordered (except for the one fake I unwittingly bought before that). It was a valuable lesson for me, though.

I was looking into buy an Isles or two from him and the font was way off. I agree with you. I highly recommend double checking before buying from there

I was looking into buy an Isles or two from him and the font was way off. I agree with you. I highly recommend double checking before buying from there

The biggest problem I had besides the customization was the jersey itself. It had legit-looking CCM tags on it, but it was made of a weird-looking airknit material that looked like it had horizontal stripes all the way down the jersey. I think they used a blank crestless jersey, and then added the crest later. It doesn't look like any legit CCM replica I've ever seen. The crest itself was pretty sorry looking and had improperly-cut borders. I think it's similar to what you had with your Whalers jersey, except yours looks a lot better.

He is located in the Smithhaven Mall in Lake Grove....He's a nice guy I try to "educate" him on correct jersey etiquette from this forum. He gets all his jerseys direct from the manufacturer but doesn't necessarily look into being completely accurate with correct period names on correct period jerseys. He put a "C" on a Callahan heritage jersey with a vector on the back instead of the wordmark... Big No-No here. He's not as detailed as some people here.

Yeh I've talked to Gregg at pro-jerseys.com in the past about the accuracy of different jerseys/eras but he's not really not catering to hardcore collectors. He's just selling quality customized replicas. In my opinion that's still better than the sh!t that Shop.NHL.com or some of the other places are peddling.

The few Rangers jerseys I had Gregg customize for me a few years back were still better that than the ones I got done by EPS, simply because it was right the first time. He just doesn't bother with nameplates (great for the 90's Rangers jerseys I had him do) and he can only do certain players. I have and will continue to refer pro-jerseys to friends who want a good Rangers jersey to wear but aren't a collector looking for 100% accuracy.