Just got accused of shill bidding...sigh.

JohnnyOnTheSpot

"Really? Somebody with (0) feedback just so happened to want a Dallas Stars jersey ,hmmmmmm sounds like a ploy to up the bidding by the seller,i'm out ,not gonna get into a bidding war with the seller,later bro!"

This is what I get as a question to my auction. My feedback is 100% well over 150 and have never had a complaint, and I have multiple auctions up and the 0 bidder didn't touch any of them. Clearly I'm not shill bidding, but now I lost a bidder because of something stupid. I responded to him and I'm sure he ignored it. Some people are dumb.

Oh, worst part? The 0 account is a reference to Insane Clown Posse. Now I'm insulted.

Dont worry man. Just ignore people like that. Someone told me he was interested in my Schneider and was going to bid on my jersey but because I did not include a picture of the front, he wasnt going to. I clearly stated it was the fisherman logo and he asked what logo was on the front and he wasnt going to bid either way. Some people are just idiots. I also had someone offer me $20 for my Schneider fisherman and they thought they were doing me a favor :blink:

It's just frustrating man, just because some dude with 0 bids, I created a fake account, and now he stops bidding. All he has to do is look around and realize "Oh man, I jumped the gun."

That sucks man, people really are idiots. $20 for a Fisherman is quite the favor, I must say.

I understand what you are saying. Don't take it to heart. We know you are a good person (I think?) :thumbsup: . THough it does suck to lose a bid, hopefully someone else will snipe it.

I know! Especially one brand new with original tags! (I know my asking price is high, but c'mon...$20?!?! He was serious too)

I understand what you are saying. Don't take it to heart. We know you are a good person (I think?) :thumbsup: . THough it does suck to lose a bid, hopefully someone else will snipe it.

I know! Especially one brand new with original tags! (I know my asking price is high, but c'mon...$20?!?! He was serious too)

But hes studying to be a lawyer...

It's just frustrating man, just because some dude with 0 bids, I created a fake account, and now he stops bidding. All he has to do is look around and realize "Oh man, I jumped the gun."

That sucks man, people really are idiots. $20 for a Fisherman is quite the favor, I must say.

I mean, at the end of the day, it's still an Islanders jersey :P

Lol I'd hope to be considered a good person, sheesh! And hey, I'm going to be a nice lawyer. In my review after my first argument, my teacher said I was so nice it scared her. And she called me "jolly." PLUS, all I've done is public interest so far, I'm a gentleman.

And if that isn't proof enough, ask Kurt or Mike, they'll tell you how unthreatening I am lol.

But hes studying to be a lawyer...

Haha. I am thinking about switching from an accounting major to a lawyer (I am a freshie in college, so I have time). I don't want to go through law school, but knowing I can bill people 5 jerseys per hour for my time will make me really consider it (if I am a skilled lawyer, which I know I will be). I am taking a legal class now and we'll see how it goes. I might do family or business law, should I go into law.

I mean, at the end of the day, it's still an Islanders jersey :P

Touche.

Lol I'd hope to be considered a good person, sheesh! And hey, I'm going to be a nice lawyer. In my review after my first argument, my teacher said I was so nice it scared her. And she called me "jolly." PLUS, all I've done is public interest so far, I'm a gentleman.

And if that isn't proof enough, ask Kurt or Mike, they'll tell you how unthreatening I am lol.

Haha. You gotta get angry, you gotta get mean! I dont know if Kurt is a good reference, I mean, how can anyone not get along with the guy? Mike is a ranger fan so his judgement is obviously flawed (just kidding. Mike, you are a nice guy too, even for a ranger fan) :thumbsup:

Well played Mike.

It ticks me off how often people are quick to throw out the shill bidding accusation.

As a seller the only thing I can think of would be to block zero feedback bidders. But honestly that won't do much to stop the idiots who claim shill bidding any time they lose an auction.

Haha. I am thinking about switching from an accounting major

It's funny you say that. I'm actually thinking about changing my major TO accounting, from Computer Information Systems. I'm taking fundamentals of accounting now (don't ask me why that's necessary for a CIS major, but it is) and I love it. That reminds me, I need to email my professor for my grade for the exam I had last night.

Surprisingly, I got through to the guy, and he apologized. Nice. I guess I can calm down haha.

It's funny you say that. I'm actually thinking about changing my major TO accounting, from Computer Information Systems. I'm taking fundamentals of accounting now (don't ask me why that's necessary for a CIS major, but it is) and I love it. That reminds me, I need to email my professor for my grade for the exam I had last night.

I don't know...it seems really boring for me. I had an intro/book keeping class year and did amazingly well without studying (My final grade was a 98). That is nothing like real accounting though.

Surprisingly, I got through to the guy, and he apologized. Nice. I guess I can calm down haha.

Good to hear. Did he increase his bid? :thumbsup:

I don't know...it seems really boring for me. I had an intro/book keeping class year and did amazingly well without studying (My final grade was a 98). That is nothing like real accounting though.

Good to hear. Did he increase his bid? :thumbsup:

Yea but that's also at Hofstra and they are know for grade inflation.

Yea but that's also at Hofstra and they are know for grade inflation.

That was at high school where the teachers are paid off :thumbsup:

(this was actually filmed at my HS and I am friend's with the guy's younger bro)