What Jersey did you just start to appreciate?

NYIJM29

As the summer closes, I think we should have one more good jersey talk before TC starts.

As the title says, which jersey(s) did you really start to like/appreciate more this summer?

For me, it is the New Jersey Devils red jersey. I bought a 1.0 from MGG and it is becoming one of my favorites. The logo is classic, simple, clean, and extremely effective. I feel once you own an authentic jersey and can see the "authentic" crest, you can appreciate it much more. I also really like the template design. Red, white, and black go together very well.

IMG_8313.jpg

Honorable mention goes to: Atlanta Thrashers cranberry thirds (its so bad its good) and the black Boston Bruins jersey (prior to the Edge switch).

So, what jersey(s) did you look at and just say "wow, I'd love to own one of those/I never noticed how nice it looked?"

1987-89 Sabres Home Housley -

2278179730105778501S425x425Q85.jpg

3 reasons -

1 - Of any home jersey, the white sabres, with its rich blue and gold striping is classic

2 - that style A with the serifs was only worn for a few seasons, and it compliments that jersey perfectly (almost like a Sheriff's badge : )

3 - I like the fat squared off arm numbers that Housley's number 6 shows off so nicely (certain fonts just look that much better when the right number is used)

This one.

2ffa4ebd.jpg

I've been collecting Blackhawks past and present minor league affiliates for a few years and always passed on this one because I really didn't like it that much. Then a GI was available in the Meigray sale and I pulled the trigger - and I am glad I did. The number font with the drop shadow and the fins on the shoulders are so much better in person than in pictures. It has become one of my favorite jerseys!

The Carolina Huricane jerseys. I've always hated these in the past but during the past season they've started to grow on me.

2139606370107003020S500x500Q85.jpg

The Blackhawks jerseys. After they faced the Flyers in the finals i really started to appreciate the classic desgin, so much so that i now own a home,away,alternate, and winter classic edge. :thumbsup:

I've been really into the Predators lately for some reason. I like a lot of their players, and really enjoyed watching 'em in the playoffs last season. When I heard they were retiring their most recent thirds, I decided I'd better hurry up grab a game-issued 2.0 from Meigray, and it's a thing of beauty. Picked up a pre-Egder in the clearance sale, and have designs on one'a those fantastically ugly yellow practice jerseys if I can find one in a 52 or 54.

I hated the Rangers Heritage jersey when i 1st seen it but it grew on me and now i need to get one.

I am a Hawks and Caps fan but I absolutely love the Blue Jackets third with the cannon in the circle. I am also a big fan of the Wild home jersey. I like the circle logo as well and appreciate how everything is nature related to make up the logo.

I am a Hawks and Caps fan but I absolutely love the Blue Jackets third with the cannon in the circle. I am also a big fan of the Wild home jersey. I like the circle logo as well and appreciate how everything is nature related to make up the logo.

Have you seen one of those Wild jerseys up close? The crest on the authentics is a thing of beauty, all flocked (I think that's the terms) and with all kinds of cool texture. One of the cases (as with the Hawks chain-stitching) where the difference between the authentics and the replicas is very pronounced.

Have you seen one of those Wild jerseys up close? The crest on the authentics is a thing of beauty, all flocked (I think that's the terms) and with all kinds of cool texture. One of the cases (as with the Hawks chain-stitching) where the difference between the authentics and the replicas is very pronounced.

Completely agree on the crests:

IMG_1201.jpg

Never seen it up close. Thinking of getting one on clearence. Any idea who does the Wild's customization?

Very nice, looking into if anyone on the board has one for sale.

Yeah those are definitely awesome. I got one myself because I liked it so much when it came out. I really like all their current jerseys as well, but thats neither here nor there.

I wouldn't say I just began to appreciate it, but my respect is building for the most recently discontinued spoked-B style, considering that it's dominating my Bruins collection. That, and the fact that there have been quite a few big names to wear that particular style.

I wouldn't say I just began to appreciate it, but my respect is building for the most recently discontinued spoked-B style, considering that it's dominating my Bruins collection. That, and the fact that there have been quite a few big names to wear that particular style.

I just came across mine and couldn't believe how much I liked it. The last time I saw that jersey was at the MGG tent sale two years ago and had a black Bruins 58 in my hand and a 54 blue Canucks. I only bought 1...I wish I bought both and I chose the Canucks. I regret that decision.