Hartford Whalers CCM Question

NYIJM29

Before finding this place, I bought this replica Hartford Whalers jersey on eBay. Two things throw me off: 1) the logo is too big 2) the CCM tagging (has correct tagging on the back hem and on the inside neck tag, but the sleeve tag has the new CCM logo).

Was I ripped off?

IMG_8106.jpg

IMG_0783.jpg

IMG_0796.jpg

You're right, that is one big-arse front logo. :D I can't see the sleeve logo in your photos, but I've seen quite a few CCM replicas with that neck tag and the triple box sleeve logo, so I would imagine it's legit. Whether you were ripped off depends on how much you paid for it. ;)

Whoops, I may have misunderstood you if you were referring to the paper tag attached to the sleeve, instead of the sleeve logo. My bad.

I believe you have a new era ccm blank with a whalers crest added to it. I made one with the same method just to see how cheap I could do it for. If you got yours off of eBay from Uviok, it's for certain. I'd even bet you have the modern logo hiding under the ccm on the back.

Thanks Jeff, you are correct! That what I thought it was too, but the CCM in the collar was really throwing me off because it was the pre-2000 tag. I did get it from eBay 2 years ago, but unsure of the seller (his account is now private. He is located in Canada though).

Good call, guys. I definitely learned something.

I would agree with what was said above. The crest looks way too big to honestly be a legit replica crest. Jeff is probably right, it was a blank with a Whalers crest sewn on.

As sick as this sounds, I actually really like the jersey, even knowing it is not an officially licensed a remake. I really never looked at it this close before. The logo is brilliant (no, not you!) and the jersey design is very sharp.