Lost LOA

redbeard3569

Did anybody ever try an replace a lost MeiGray LOA?

Have a jersey from 1992-93 with a misplaced LOA. MeiGray didn't tag them back then so there is no registration number to go by.

What is the procedure if anybody has done it?

Thanks

Contact them, plain and simple.

Despite not having a reg number, they have to document the jersey somehow (pics + description of jersey and marks/game wear).

You describe/show 'em the jersey, they confirm, you pay a small admin fee, and BAM!! LOA.

Either that or you send me the info, and I create one for you for my admin fee :doh:

im not 100% sure, but i think you might have to send them the jersey to examine first hand.

i know barry has said before that they dont keep photos of all of the jerseys they sell, so im sure they will want to make sure the jersey you describe is indeed the one that they authenticated. that will be around $25 RT for shipping + whatever they have to do on their end

They won't issue a second letter if one has been lost. It's too risky.

i mailed with Barry Meisel once and he said they do issue a second letter. Would have been quite difficult for me, because they want to see the jersey and have it examined by their experts.

A new LoA is about $60.

How long ago was that? Because I've been told several times by Jason or Rob(can't remember which) that they won't duplicate the letter because it runs the risk of there being TWO letters for the same jersey and that makes it too easy to create a fake with authentication.

A somewhat related experience.

I picked up a Rangers jersey on NHL Auctions that was Meigray tagged.

The jersey came with a cheap "card" of authenticity.

I called Meigray and spoke with Jason asking about a new LOA.

He said that even though the jersey was Meigray tagged, he could not provide a LOA as they didn't sell the jersey.

How long ago was that? Because I've been told several times by Jason or Rob(can't remember which) that they won't duplicate the letter because it runs the risk of there being TWO letters for the same jersey and that makes it too easy to create a fake with authentication.

Probably too long ago.