An awful experience- what next?

brandon

So now that I live in Florida, I thought it would be awesome to order something from my hometown team's (Hershey Bears) shop directly. I ordered an authentic Michal Neuvirth jersey online from their store and it took about 6-7 weeks for them to do it and it finally came today. And let me say, the customization job is by far the worst I have seen from a professional organization. The box it came from said "Cutting Edge" so I believe it was done by Cutting Edge Sports in MA. The numbers are decent and kiss cut but the nameplate and lettering is gross, it looks worse than a lot of knock-off jerseys I've seen. The nameplate waves up and down across the jersey and has this thick bunched up edge, part of it isn't even flat, they didn't even pull it tight when they sewed it down. Some of the letters ween't even sewn on right.

And let me say, this wasn't cheap either. The most I've ever paid for an authentic. Needless to say I am not pleased at all. Quite frankly I've never had a bad experience ordering anything before so I am wondering what should be my next step for something like this?

Here are a few pics I took from my cell phone at work, I will post real pictures when I get home.

15ev2oz.jpg

check out the fabric above the R

14acvw9.jpg

top of the nameplate doing the ~ ~

124zbdz.jpg

Man, thats too bad. The nameplate really does look like crap, especially that area where everything is bunched up.

The only thing I would do is call the Hershey Bears shop first and complain and if they lead to you to Cutting Edge, then give them a call. Iv had some issues with EPS and they first told me that they wouldnt fix it, but with persistence, they eventually fixed everything.

Just give them a call, its really all you can do

Yeah, Cutting Edge did a very sloppy job on that nameplate. The nameplate itself is easy to fix. It looks wavy and bunched up in places because it wasn't heat pressed to the jersey prior to sewing, if you don't press it down first you have to be carefull when you sew it in order to keep it tight to the jersey. Obviously whomever did the work on this jersey rushed through it and didn't try very hard to keep it tight.

The bigger problem is the ###### poor job they did sewing the letters to the nameplate. If you try to take out the stitching they did and re-sew it you will see all the holes left by the old stitching. Not a good option if you want the jersey looking perfect.

Seeing work like this makes me feel better about all the time I've spent sewing on my own kits.

Yeah its quite the bummer. These pics dont even do it justice. Ironically I sent an older model Hershey RBK Edge jersey to EPS to get made into a Karl Alzner. Hopefully I have better luck there. I have since called but no one answered... so I left a voicemail for starters.

Yeah its quite the bummer. These pics dont even do it justice. Ironically I sent an older model Hershey RBK Edge jersey to EPS to get made into a Karl Alzner. Hopefully I have better luck there. I have since called but no one answered... so I left a voicemail for starters.

You should be good with the Alzner jersey. There is another member who sent two of his Edge Bears jerseys to EPS and they came back perfect. You dont have to worry about the quality with EPS. Unfortunately for me, they dont have the right fonts for the orange and new white Flyers jerseys. The quality of their work is great though.

Oh ok thats great to hear then. The other thing that makes it a bigger letdown, is that this is an Edge 2.0 jersey. Its got double elbows and the sleeve tag says 7287. The weird thing is the collar tag says 7187 but you can tell instantly by the look and feel its a 2.0. What a mess this all is.

Oh ok thats great to hear then. The other thing that makes it a bigger letdown, is that this is an Edge 2.0 jersey. Its got double elbows and the sleeve tag says 7287. The weird thing is the collar tag says 7187 but you can tell instantly by the look and feel its a 2.0. What a mess this all is.

Dont worry about that, my black Timonen and white Richards seen on the link below are both 2.0s (both from Meigray) and they say 7187 on the inside tag but on the hang tags they say 7287.

I might be wrong, but I think all 2.0s say 7187 on the inside tag

Dont worry about that, my black Timonen and white Richards seen on the link below are both 2.0s (both from Meigray) and they say 7187 on the inside tag but on the hang tags they say 7287.

I might be wrong, but I think all 2.0s say 7187 on the inside tag

Yes, that is correct. I posted some pictures of this a few years back when the 2.0's began to show up. The paper tag tells the truth, in this case.

That's cool about the 2.0s. Seems thats what Hershey sells in their pro shop. I've called and emailed and have yet to hear back. I did order with my credit card so if I dont hear anything in the next day or two I am going to dispute the charge.

Still have heard nothing from Hershey. I disputed the charge on my card and now Chase/Visa is handling it. It sours me a little bit to get this kind of treatment from the team I was born rooting for.

Don't expect any type of response from Cutting Edge. I had to send a Crosby back to them for putting on the wrong arm numbers, they told me they would refund my shipping cost but never did and would not answer my e-mails and phone calls after they agreed to refund me.

Yeah I didnt contact them because I didnt have any interaction with them. I just paid Hershey and they sent it to them. I only guessed they did it since the box had Cutting Edge written on it. Customer service by some companies is just laughable. Thanks goodness I had the foresight to order with a credit card, just in case.

Yeah I didnt contact them because I didnt have any interaction with them. I just paid Hershey and they sent it to them. I only guessed they did it since the box had Cutting Edge written on it. Customer service by some companies is just laughable. Thanks goodness I had the foresight to order with a credit card, just in case.

Good on ya. Also a smart idea to try and do all your paypal purchases through your credit card. If you have any trouble and Paypal drops the ball you can always go back to the credit card company.

• 2 months later...

Just got the resolution in the mail this weekend. Chase never was able to reach Hershey and I am permanently refunded. I almost feel bad about it but what am I to do. If Hershey didnt care to pick up the phone I will take the jersey and the money. Im probably just going to sell it and get a new blank and have it customized by EPS. Definitely wont be ordering from there again.

Its not your fault, its Hershey's. Its like getting a free jersey!!!

I know this is OT, but no offense, after seeing their work, mine looks like Stitches! :D