CCM Vintage Replica- real or fake?

LAK74

Has CCM ever produced vintage replicas, but with numeric sizes and fight straps? I have a black Lemieux Robo Penguin jersey (sorry I can't post any pics), size 48, but the neck label looks like your typical CCM "Vintage Hockey" replica label. The jersey has "Vintage Hockey" and "Heroes of Hockey" tags still attached, and they look quite legit, just like the neck label. The jersey colors look fantastic, even better than the legit Starter and Koho replicas I have of the same jersey. On the inside of the jersey, though, the stitching looks a bit strange- quite a few loose threads lying around, and lots of brown paper residue in all of the stitches- it doesn't look put together like any other replica I have. Even more confusing to me, on the inside near the hem there's a label with a Reebok logo, with a "By Sport Maska Inc." notation. What the heck do I have here?

I figured this is probably a fake, but if so, it still looks pretty darn good to me. But then again, I'm not an experienced collector... Any opinions?

by your description it seems fake, but I cannot confirm this without pics....

Have you tried uploading them to photobucket and referencing them here?

Has CCM ever produced vintage replicas, but with numeric sizes and fight straps? I have a black Lemieux Robo Penguin jersey (sorry I can't post any pics), size 48, but the neck label looks like your typical CCM "Vintage Hockey" replica label. The jersey has "Vintage Hockey" and "Heroes of Hockey" tags still attached, and they look quite legit, just like the neck label. The jersey colors look fantastic, even better than the legit Starter and Koho replicas I have of the same jersey. On the inside of the jersey, though, the stitching looks a bit strange- quite a few loose threads lying around, and lots of brown paper residue in all of the stitches- it doesn't look put together like any other replica I have. Even more confusing to me, on the inside near the hem there's a label with a Reebok logo, with a "By Sport Maska Inc." notation. What the heck do I have here?

I figured this is probably a fake, but if so, it still looks pretty darn good to me. But then again, I'm not an experienced collector... Any opinions?

You have a %100 fake jersey. A real bad one too.

The jersey is CCM and RBK at the same time. At least some of the fakes I've seen trying to be a CCM center ice jersey at least have the NHL shield and such. This one prolly has the fake CCM patch on the back hem.

Please refer too our "how to spot a fake jersey" Thread in the NHL channel.

• 2 years later...

It's definitely fake.

Kinda ironic that I'm answering here...

is this jersey real or fake. I have had 2 people tell me it is real...

Remove these two "friends" contact info from your phone NOW!

The Hero's Of Hockey jerseys are replicas only. Here is a link to a real one. As you can see there is also a tag on the outside front with the name of the player the jersey is customized as. If you have an authentic with a Hero's Of Hockey tag it's a fake.

http://www.sportsk.com/bruins-brad-park-jersey.html

There is a CCM Vintage series that produced authentics with numeric sizing and fight straps for about 5 years, but that series is only available as replicas now also. Those CCM Vintage authentic jerseys are GREAT jerseys and are now hard to find.

Double post somehow.