Two refs?

So in 1999 the NHL started using two refs. Does anyone think it really helps?wacko.gif Sometimes I do think they make better calls with two refs on the ice, but on the other hand you now have two refs and two linesman skating around getting in the way of the puck. puck.gif Maybe having one head ref and two linesman that can also make calls would be the best. cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...

If Linesman could make routine penalty calls, I would be OK with the getting rid of the second ref, but as long as they cannot make those calls, keep two refs.

I tried to explain once to my wife why a penalty wasn't called even though it was right in front of a linesman. Her response "That is one of the stupider things in sports I have ever heard"

The two ref system is absolutely retarted.

There were way too many penalties called in the Flyers/Sabres game last night by the ref 50 feet away from the play while the ref 5 feet away makes no call

Yeah I was pretty ticked off when Bobby Ryan was suspended for 2 games because in game 2 vs Nashville he unintentionally stepped on a guy's skate with his blade. It was an accident and there was no injury! The two refs missed the call on the ice. It was reviewed later and deemed a suspendable play. Funny thing is a minute early #74 stuck his leg out and almost busted Selanne's knee. There was no call on the ice for that one either, but I wonder they don't review that play because it was intentional. If the linesmen could make calls, both would have probably been called on the ice.

whambulance3.jpg

The Ryan stomp was about as intentional as it gets, he was literally looking right at Blum's foot right as he stomped on it. That kind of s*** has no business in the game. Quit whining just because your team is getting their asses handed to them by Carrie Underwood's husband.

Fire Boudreau,

Couple of things:

1) This isn't the trash talk section. noway.gif

2) Read my post I said it should be a penalty on Ryan.cool.gif

3) Preds have been giving it to the Ducks, but the series isn't over yet.thumbsup.gif

4) Carrie Underwood and Mike Fisher won't last. unsure.gif