Customization question

PatrickKB

I just received three jerseys today that I had customized by Ice Jerseys. I noticed on the two Capitals jerseys that the "C" and "A" are lower than the players real jerseys that they wear in the games. Is their a specific place that the letters are supposed to be placed or does it not matter? The numbers on all three on the jerseys had the layers sewn together before they were sewn on to the jersey itself, you can only see one stitch on the numbers instead of one for each layer that the numbers have, is this the correct way or did they skip a step? The name bracket on the jerseys is the same material that the back of the jersey is made of is that correct? Thanks for the help.

2011-03-2921-18-02_0039.jpg

2011-03-2921-18-07_0042.jpg

2011-03-2921-18-08_0043.jpg

2011-03-2921-17-59_0037.jpg

2011-03-2921-18-01_0038.jpg

2011-03-2921-18-04_0040.jpg

2011-03-2921-17-56_0035.jpg

2011-03-2921-17-53_0033.jpg

2011-03-2921-18-11_0045.jpg

The captain and alternate letters are low on those jerseys because they're size 50 Edge and there isn't much room to put them up front. Game worn jerseys are pretty big (usually no smaller than size 56), so there's much more space to play with up front. Even on one of my Edge jerseys which is a size 54, the C is still pretty close to the emblem.

199959_10150156428076294_733211293_8639186_5421830_n.jpg

As for the customization, it seems fine, but I'll leave it to some of our more experienced members to break it down.

On the Caps jerseys it really doesn't matter because the "C" or "A" sits on a solid red swatch. There will probably be even variations amongst gamers. Usually only the outer layer of the number is sewn to the jersey. The Caps use kiss-cut for the numbers and letters but I can't tell from if the ones in your pictures have that. The EDGE material nameplate is correct.

The "A" on the Blues jersey is noticeably lower than where it should be. The top of letter should be sitting on the white panel.

The "A" on the Blues jersey is noticeably lower than where it should be. The top of letter should be sitting on the white panel.

Yep. As a Blues fan, I hate when places refuse to sew the Blues ones in the right place. Sure, it doesn't seem right, but that's how the Blues do it.

BTW, I love the choice of David Backes. One of the few guys on the Blues who has not been sidelined with injuries this year and considering that half the team has been hurt at any given time, has put in a hell of a year.

Edited by ncthorn

Does IceJerseys have in-house customization or do they always outsource? I see EPS barcode stickers on the hang tags of those jerseys and I know IceJerseys outsources to EPS. I bought a customized jersey last year from IceJerseys and it was shipped out from EPS's address with those stickers. Maybe they do that just for USA customers. EPS does the Caps on-ice jerseys so you should feel confident about those Caps jerseys.

The on-ice Blues actually have the "C" and "A" overlap onto the white part. Another annoying thing about the Edge jerseys are those lines that run up the side and curve into the collar like on the Avs, Preds and Panthers. They always seem to place "C" and "A" right on top of the lines making it hard to read. I blame it on the RBK designers. Personally, I like where EPS placed the "A" instead of how they do it on-ice (done by Liebe).

David+Backes+Columbus+Blue+Jackets+v+St+Louis+M3vf2fplJV1l.jpg

Does IceJerseys have in-house customization or do they always outsource?

Here's the last official statement from CryWolf on IJ outsourced and inhouse customization. Unfortunately it's a couple years old.

Here's the last official statement from CryWolf on IJ outsourced and inhouse customization. Unfortunately it's a couple years old.

Thank you to everyone for the help, I sent an email to Ice Jersey about having the "A" on the Backes jersey moved up higher were it belongs I will post a reply when I hear from them.