Wrong Jersey Customizing

LetsGoCaps

I'm done. I am so tired of getting incorrect customizing on retail authentics. I will not buy any more. I will only buy game worn jerseys from now on. You pay a lot of money for the authentic, you pay good money for the customizing, and you get something with the wrong font style, font size, letter or number placement, no nameplate when it should have one, nameplate when it should not. Whatever. Then you have to fight a battle to get it fixed. More time and money out the window. I'm finished.

Here is a list of the places that I can remember where I've had problems at one time or another:

River City Sports

Jersey Express

SportsK

USCHO (back when you could get customizing through them)

Hockey Jersey Outlet (Ebay)

Cool Hockey

Norfolk Admirals (that's right, they couldn't customize their own jerseys right).

I've purchased from Ice Jerseys, but not much and I can't remember exactly what I ended up with. Ditto with Jersey City. I've used Exclusive Pro to fix a couple, but never bought a jersey from them.

I'm beaten down. Weary. I can't take it anymore!

/rant

wow! the pain bro. I feel it!

It's SUCH a fucken hassle to get the right work done you almost want to go out and buy your own machine to stitch the stuff yourself.

I was just thinking about this earlier today. I just got my 10-11 game issued Forsberg jersey on tuesday and I noticed the shoulder numbers are kiss cut I believe (someone plz correct me if I'm wrong). This got me wondering as I bought a 07-08 Forsberg Edge jersey from Ice Jerseys shortly after the Avs have signed him back in 08. It never occurred to me at the time because Ice Jerseys claim everything is done to how the pros have it and I really didn't know much about jerseys in general. So I was curious to see how the 07-08 shoulders were done so I decided to checkout Meigray and see if any 07-08 jerseys had layers or kiss cut for the shoulder numbers. The pictures I found were kiss cut.

http://s1137.photobucket.com/albums/n518/Forsberg4MVP/2007-2008%20Jersey%20Reference/

This isn't to take away the awesomeness of the jersey cause it still looks great and Ice Jerseys overall did a fantastic job. I do want to mention one more thing tho. My game issued has all 3 layers stitched to the jersey. My edge jersey that was done by Ice Jerseys does not have all 3 layers stitched to the jersey despite if you checkout the "learn more" about customization at Ice Jerseys, there is a picture of a Staal jersey with a bubble note saying "All layers hand sewn to jersey".

The TC does make a decent point tho. The amount of money you spend on buying an authentic, shipping and customization that may not be done right gets quite pricey that you're sometimes better off getting a game issue or game worn sometimes (depending on the player of course). Heck, you can get a nice Kovalchuk game issued at Meigray which has the Katrina relief patch.

Edited by Forsberg4MVP

Join the club! Gamers are where its at!

/not being broke

I came to this conclusion early on. There are tons of gamers around that aren't as much as a customized retail authentic. Depending on your tastes, building a game worn / game issued collection really isn't much more expensive.

I was just thinking about this earlier today. I just got my 10-11 game issued Forsberg jersey on tuesday and I noticed the shoulder numbers are kiss cut I believe (someone plz correct me if I'm wrong). This got me wondering as I bought a 07-08 Forsberg Edge jersey from Ice Jerseys shortly after the Avs have signed him back in 08. It never occurred to me at the time because Ice Jerseys claim everything is done to how the pros have it and I really didn't know much about jerseys in general. So I was curious to see how the 07-08 shoulders were done so I decided to checkout Meigray and see if any 07-08 jerseys had layers or kiss cut for the shoulder numbers. The pictures I found were kiss cut.

http://s1137.photobucket.com/albums/n518/Forsberg4MVP/2007-2008%20Jersey%20Reference/

This isn't to take away the awesomeness of the jersey cause it still looks great and Ice Jerseys overall did a fantastic job. I do want to mention one more thing tho. My game issued has all 3 layers stitched to the jersey. My edge jersey that was done by Ice Jerseys does not have all 3 layers stitched to the jersey despite if you checkout the "learn more" about customization at Ice Jerseys, there is a picture of a Staal jersey with a bubble note saying "All layers hand sewn to jersey".

The TC does make a decent point tho. The amount of money you spend on buying an authentic, shipping and customization that may not be done right gets quite pricey that you're sometimes better off getting a game issue or game worn sometimes (depending on the player of course). Heck, you can get a nice Kovalchuk game issued at Meigray which has the Katrina relief patch.

Not all teams stitch every layer to the jersey on their gamers, the Blackhawks being one example (and I could provide a lot more from a minor league perspective) From my stand point on non gamers I prefer when only one layer is sewn, if I ever feel the need to change the name/number on the jersey it's much easier for me to strip it that way!

It seems like EPS is still a good choice despite the recent complaints, unless you plan on sending a Flyers jersey. I'd still recommend Triple Threat Sports, they're local to me so that makes it a lot easier but they've done good work for me and if I wasn't happy with the results they never gave me a hard time about fixing an error.

I came to this conclusion early on. There are tons of gamers around that aren't as much as a customized retail authentic. Depending on your tastes, building a game worn / game issued collection really isn't much more expensive.

I have a fair number of gamers, but sometimes I want to try to fill holes in my collection with authentics where necessary. No longer, though.......

I really hate hearing stuff like this. It's so disheartening to those of us who want our jerseys to be...oh, I don't know...ACCURATE. But, I will echo the sentiment that game-worn is the way to go. Especially nowadays when pro jerseys go for upwards of $400 with a player on the back. I've bought some really nice game-worn jerseys for around that price.

I will never have anything done through river city again..They forgot to add a nameplate, how the hell does that happen

I dunno, ask SportsK, they did the same to me!!! I didn't know I had to specify a nameplate, I thought was common sense!!

Then they made the numbers look like toothpicks, so skinny.... was horrible!

So whenever I get any done now, thru places like MLL and Don, I always give him photos, measurements etc...

I also have a local store here I can take to as well, I prefer to bring the jersey in myself and talk to the person

doing it, rather than thru the mail.... but sometimes you got to send them away, so I may sound really picky but I just

like to be safe and supply as much photos/info as possible. I had 2 messed up, but those were my fault I guess.... and also had

3 jerseys messed up where it wasn't my fault, I mean, heck I even supplied photos and they did the font wrong!

I only collect Nordiques/Raiders jerseys, so not that easy for me to buy Gamers from few decades ago, so it's authentic or very good replica's for me.... can't afford the Hall of Famer game worns, lol.

Gamers for me from now on after my RCS experience. I live too far away being in NZ to do anything about poor custom jobs so I have little choice.

The 2000-01 Primeau orange authentic I have is a good example of this. Originally came with correct font and no nameplate. Stripped the letters and took it to a local place. Then I got the wrong font and a twill nameplate. Stripped it again and took it to another local place and got the right font but twill nameplate. Stripped that and sent it to ice jerseys. There I got the right airknit nameplate and wrong font. EPS finally saved the day 8 years later giving me an airknit nameplate and correct font. Absolutely ridiculous!

Where in the bloody hell did you get that forsberg???? that was supposed to be mine? Spill the beans brother, whered u pick it up?? how much??

nooooooooooooooo no no no no,,, you guys wanna hear the worst part? Its when someone (like a non jersey fan) says "Its close enough, why are you so picky" or "youre obsessed"

OF COURSE we are PICKY!! We pay for it to get it done right the first time!!!!!!,

Just had to comment...

River City Sports is USELESS for customizing.

They rant and rave about how great they are, use the right materials, exact as on ice specs, blah blah blah.

Everything I have seen from them is horribly wrong. They don't use the right materials, the numbers are the wrong dimensions, they have a tough time placing patches in the right location.

I normally wouldn't rant, but serious. Anybody who buys a jersey from them, (IE: the $150 edge sale) BUY A BLANK!

• 2 weeks later...

I've never had a problem with River City,but I did have a problem with City Sports Lettering.

And that problem was . . .

nooooooooooooooo no no no no,,, you guys wanna hear the worst part? Its when someone (like a non jersey fan) says "Its close enough, why are you so picky" or "youre obsessed"

OF COURSE we are PICKY!! We pay for it to get it done right the first time!!!!!!,

When it comes to the font/numbers/nameplate, absolutely. But when you guys are pointing out placement down to the centimeter, that's going overboard. I've got an eye for detail and I know where you're coming from...But what amuses me is that not even the equipment managers care this much

When it comes to the font/numbers/nameplate, absolutely. But when you guys are pointing out placement down to the centimeter, that's going overboard. I've got an eye for detail and I know where you're coming from...But what amuses me is that not even the equipment managers care this much

I bet it would be nearly impossible to find 2 of the same jersey to be truly identical.

I've never had a problem with River City,but I did have a problem with City Sports Lettering.

you seem to have had a problem with every place people around here dig....gotta wonder...

I will never have anything done through river city again..They forgot to add a nameplate, how the hell does that happen

Well they did my Slovenia jersey with a name plate. Maybe it was supposed to be for you.