Rank Jersey Types

wooten

There may be other general types, but I'm curious how most of you view the following jersey types from most to least desirable:

Game worn

Game Issued / Team Issued

Warm-up

Training Camp

Charity Special (usually worn during a morning skate or pregame then auctioned by the team for charity)

Practice

Retail Authentic

Replica

You could dig deeper too, like team issued, but never worn by that player, but for now I'm just curious about these designations. You may have suggestions that some of my types are wrong or could be better described, so please share your perspectives!

Mine is somewhat similar to yours:

Game worn

Warm-up

Practice

Charity Special (usually worn during a morning skate or pregame then auctioned by the team for charity)

Training Camp

Retail Authentic

Replica

I pretty much agree with your rankings although I can't afford Game used jerseys and I don't feel the replicas are worth collecting.

No offense, and I have not tried any of the new ones on - when I was starting off collecting the replicas just felt like they were itchy and going to fall apart.

I may look at game weight practice jerseys a little higher on the food chain down the road as there were fewer purchased so they are harder to find.

One additional thing I am curious about, do you feel the Alternate jersey's more or less sought after in comparison to the regular jerseys in each category?

I'd say you're pretty much spot on. I think I'd just knock all non-worn jerseys below worn jerseys. As for "team issued" I don't see them as anything but authentics with a fancy name. I don't think 3rd jerseys really carry much weight nowadays. Maybe back when it was actually rare for a team to have a 3rd, but every team has a 3rd jersey now. And they usually have 2-3 sets of them as well. So I'd just lump them in with the other game worn jerseys. Maybe even a touch below the regular sets since they don't wear them in as many games.

Game worn

regular season and/or playoffs

one game wonders (usually charity auctions or shirt of the back type promo)

preseason/training Camp

Practice

Retail Authentic

Replica

I'd say you're pretty much spot on. I think I'd just knock all non-worn jerseys below worn jerseys. As for "team issued" I don't see them as anything but authentics with a fancy name. I don't think 3rd jerseys really carry much weight nowadays. Maybe back when it was actually rare for a team to have a 3rd, but every team has a 3rd jersey now. And they usually have 2-3 sets of them as well. So I'd just lump them in with the other game worn jerseys. Maybe even a touch below the regular sets since they don't wear them in as many games.

Game worn

regular season and/or playoffs

one game wonders (usually charity auctions or shirt of the back type promo)

preseason/training Camp

Practice

Retail Authentic

Replica

This would be my list also.

What do you guys consider a retail authentic? An authentic jersey bought from NHLshop.com, ice jerseys etc.?

I guess I am confused on what you consider a game issue vs. retail authentic?

My list:

Game worn

-finals

-playoffs

-special events (i.e. 911 memorial games etc.)

-regular season

-Pre-season

Training camp

Practice jerseys (actually used by players, not retail knock-offs)

Authentic jerseys (sold by NHL, ice jerseys etc that have been customized

Vintage jerseys (M&N, CCM 550)

Replicas (premier but still lsicensed)

Edited by domestique

What do you guys consider a retail authentic? An authentic jersey bought from NHLshop.com, ice jerseys etc.?

I guess I am confused on what you consider a game issue vs. retail authentic?

Game issued or team issued would be something created for a player, but not necessarily worn. At most it may have been worn for a pregame skate. not worn during the actual game.

meh. my list is simple.

retail authentic

team issued

game issued

anything else

I've never been a fan of replicas and don't feel it's worth paying the extra price for team issued jerseys (plus they're always too big). Although, I suppose I wouldn't really consider myself a collector as I like to wear my jerseys. I don't really care for gamers as they're worn and, like team issued, usually too big. I just like wearing the same thing the pros wear in a size that isn't like a tent.

meh. my list is simple.

retail authentic

team issued

game issued

anything else

I've never been a fan of replicas and don't feel it's worth paying the extra price for team issued jerseys (plus they're always too big). Although, I suppose I wouldn't really consider myself a collector as I like to wear my jerseys. I don't really care for gamers as they're worn and, like team issued, usually too big. I just like wearing the same thing the pros wear in a size that isn't like a tent.

I'm the same way. I only buy jerseys that I can wear. Blank retail authentics is/are (whatever) my game.

i got no desire or money for game worn or team issue jerseys. i would have to rank jerseys by brand, or style. i like the older 90's jerseys. especially the CCM Ultrafil jerseys. they are my favorites.