TBTC Wishlist / questions...

Hockey Bob

So my collection is almost complete... and by almost I am way off.

I am (as are most people i'm sure) looking to collect all of the TBTC jersey's.

My preference is Non-Game worn and the sale tags are not important, I don't care if it has a name / # or not.

I guess I've heard it called "gently used game weight".

Maybe this is chump to some but I always dug those jersey's.

What I am wondering is,

What is a reasonable ammount to pay for one?

Are some harder to come by then others?

Where is the best place to look?

Thanks,

P.S My wish list if anyone is looking to sell (CCM) size 52 or larger.

Boston white or black Ultrafil

Detroit white or red Ultrafil

Boston TBTC

Detroit TBTC

Toronto TBTC

Montreal TBTC

Rangers TBTC

My impression has always been that the Rangers and Canadiens have been harder to find.

The Rangers TBTC is definently the hardest to find, they do not show up often. The other 5 are pretty much equal in terms of availability and price.

Your looking at about $200-$300 for any one of them except the Rangers which will probably be a little more.

HAR! A LITTLE more?? That's the understatement of the year, huh? :D

Let's put it this way...I have game-issued Rangers TBTC jersey. I paid $800 for it. Not worn at all...and it still ran me $800! That's how rare those are. I think I've seen maybe three or four on eBay in the last five years or so. They're as close to impossible to find as you can get. Last year, Classic Auctions had Doug Weight's game-worn one and I think it sold for over $2,000. I guess it stands to reason though because, in mine and a lot of other peoples' opinions, they were the nicest of the six.

I have a Bruins one available but it's a 48. That might not work for you.

HAR! A LITTLE more?? That's the understatement of the year, huh? :D

Let's put it this way...I have game-issued Rangers TBTC jersey. I paid $800 for it. Not worn at all...and it still ran me $800! That's how rare those are. I think I've seen maybe three or four on eBay in the last five years or so. They're as close to impossible to find as you can get. Last year, Classic Auctions had Doug Weight's game-worn one and I think it sold for over $2,000. I guess it stands to reason though because, in mine and a lot of other peoples' opinions, they were the nicest of the six.

I have a Bruins one available but it's a 48. That might not work for you.

Yeah, XCdude told me about yours, I see this said on here all the time... "Man if it was only in my size I'd jump all over it".

Thanks but unfortunately I need bigger, mainly for sleeve length.

Not to long ago the Mysterious VanDevelde had a Montreal, Toronto & Chicago on E-bay.

I dropped off bidding after they went over $200, mainly because I would have had to strip them and all those jersey's smell musty.

I guess I should have stayed in the bid war a little longer I think they each went for under $250.00.

Oh well, I am enjoying the chatter though - seems there are a lot of opinions on which one was the best, I'm biased because I always thought the Blackhawks one was tops along with the Boston and Detroit because they were very different from their regular jersey's.

I felt the Montreal, and NY were to similar to their regular ones. If I recall the Rangers just changed the color of the collar to white and the font across the front and Montreal just threw a patch on the left shoulder??

So what's the scoop on the Blackhawks TBTC? Same as the other 4 as you guys pointed out: price between $200 and $300 and somewhat hard to find?

So what's the scoop on the Blackhawks TBTC? Same as the other 4 as you guys pointed out: price between $200 and $300 and somewhat hard to find?

I'd say the price range for the Hawks ones I have seen is typically between $200 & $300.

With the resurgance of the Hawks many more are popping out of people's forgotten spaces.

I picked one up off of E-bay with a Roenick name plate but the numbers on the back removed for $180.00

This board makes everybody aware of what's out there, could be good or bad for the final price.

Good in that I've picked up some really cool jersey's that I would have never found with out this board and bad because something you scratch out of the dirt could go public and then you are up against some serious bidders.

• 2 weeks later...

I am new to this board I was directed here thru a few friends on JC

I do have a new size 52 Detriot and Habs TBTC that may be for sale depending on $$$$

I am new to this board I was directed here thru a few friends on JC

I do have a new size 52 Detriot and Habs TBTC that may be for sale depending on $$$$

What you asking for the Habs jersey?

Willing to take trade?