Some teams harder than others?

jukierules

Is it me, or does it seem that some team's jerseys are harder to find than others? I guess it has something to do with the popularity of the team. For instance, I'm always keeping an eye out for Flames jerseys so when I search ebay or whatever a few options come up that are actual jerseys I may be looking for. Usually all that turns up are crappy fakes or older replicas that are super tiny. If I was looking for a Rangers, Flyers, Bruins, or Red Wings jerseys, for instance, they are all over the place. Especially vintage. That always seems weird to me.

Bigger markets for the teams you mentioned (add the Leafs to that list) so more stuff in circulation (particularly non-authentic stuff like you mentioned). I'm in the same boat (Flames fan and collector) and have a rough time finding cool / worthwhile Flames stuff.

Is it me, or does it seem that some team's jerseys are harder to find than others? I guess it has something to do with the popularity of the team. For instance, I'm always keeping an eye out for Flames jerseys so when I search ebay or whatever a few options come up that are actual jerseys I may be looking for. Usually all that turns up are crappy fakes or older replicas that are super tiny. If I was looking for a Rangers, Flyers, Bruins, or Red Wings jerseys, for instance, they are all over the place. Especially vintage. That always seems weird to me.

Same story with the Habs and Pens.

You have too wade threw a river of crap just to find a way overpriced authentic on the other side that's the wrong size or style..... :angry:

I don't have an answer for you Joe, but I just wanted to say hi. Welcome to IJ!

Why, thank you sir!

It certainly makes it more difficult for those of us that are fans of these smaller market teams to expand our collections. What really grinds my gears is when you find a killer piece that you have been looking for only to see that it has some really messed up customization that the price doesn't make it worth the risk of trying to pick it up to try to maybe strip and salvage it.

Why, thank you sir!

It certainly makes it more difficult for those of us that are fans of these smaller market teams to expand our collections. What really grinds my gears is when you find a killer piece that you have been looking for only to see that it has some really messed up customization that the price doesn't make it worth the risk of trying to pick it up to try to maybe strip and salvage it.

Agreed.....the part where you finally find something and it's been ruined. Or worse is when you find it but it's been autographed and the seller thinks that triples the value of the jersey when you could care less about the ink.

One think I have found over the years of looking is that many people have jersey's in their closet and forget about them, when a team starts doing well they may pull the jersey out - wear it once and throw it up on E-bay because it is a hot item.

Being a Blackhawks fan since the mid 80's i'm buying a lot of jersey's that previously had not been available. (Dirk Graham, Stu Grimson, Roenick ect). So don't give up hope and keep looking.

One other thing you may try, I started collecting in the mid 90's and mainly used River City Sports, I got on a 1st name basis with everybody that worked there and when I was looking for an older Flames jersey they suggested I call the Calgary Flames and ask for the equipment manager.

I thought it was a ridiculous suggestion but I tried it anyway.

To my surprise I was patched through, I told the equipment manager I was looking for the old Ronald McDonald color jersey, he said they had one left over. I about fell over because of the great deal he game me so I bought a current Flames jersey as well.

When they arrived I found a hand written letter thanking me for being a Calgary fan and a plastic case containing the playing cards of everybody on the team.

Agreed.....the part where you finally find something and it's been ruined. Or worse is when you find it but it's been autographed and the seller thinks that triples the value of the jersey when you could care less about the ink.

Why is it so bad to have a jersey autographed? Everyone seems to be "stripping" the jerseys they get anyway. Unless of course it's signed on the actual jersey and not the number. To each his own...