It arrived today v2.0

JeffB

Haha what do you have to be so bitter about!? The Islanders were a Dynasty... in the 80's. My dad had full season tickets and was at least 2 Stanley cup clinching games!

Now the Islanders are in the NHL's basement.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now the Islanders are in the NHL's basement.

They're better than Ottawa and Edmonton, and they can be pretty exciting to watch, and can't get much worse. Keep getting those high draft picks and they'll keep getting better. Grabner is a beast!

They're better than Ottawa and Edmonton, and they can be pretty exciting to watch, and can't get much worse. Keep getting those high draft picks and they'll keep getting better. Grabner is a beast!

In standings yes. But financially no. As long as Charles Wang is the owner I really don't see what the team can do. Plus I don't know what players would want to play for them.

In standings yes. But financially no. As long as Charles Wang is the owner I really don't see what the team can do. Plus I don't know what players would want to play for them.

Yeah I was surprised Moulson signed an extension, but good for them and good for him if he's happy there. All it takes is one person to start the trend and turn things around. Look at the Knicks. Amare signs, and all the sudden the team is a desirable destination again. Now Melo comes. Who knows who will show up next.

Edited by CJ Matthews

Yeah I was surprised Moulson signed an extension, but good for them and good for him if he's happy there. All it takes is one person to start the trend and turn things around. Look at the Knicks. Amare signs, and all the sudden the team is a desirable destination again. Now Melo comes. Who knows who will show up next.

JT is a great player and I believe he can turn around the team. But first they need a goalie.

Haha what do you have to be so bitter about!? The Islanders were a Dynasty... in the 80's. My dad had full season tickets and was at least 2 Stanley cup clinching games!

I'm always bitter :D. I unfortunately was only around for 1 NYI playoff round win, but was alive for the rangers' Cup. My cousin's husband reminds me of this everytime we talk hockey lol.

A lot of people really don't know how nice of a place Long Island is. Most players only see the Mariott, Uniondale, the airport, and the Coliseum. I agree that Wang is a problem, but there are some guys that do love(d) being an Islander and retired here (aside from Moulson, Bill Guerin, Dead Doug Weight, Rick DiPietro, Bobby Nystrom)

JT is a great player and I believe he can turn around the team. But first they need a goalie.

They have had 7 dress up + Nabokov this year...how many more do they need?!?!?! lol.

The Isles are going to use fillers until Kevin Poulin and Mikko Koskinen are ready for the show and that is when Ricky D becomes the highest paid goalie coach in league history :huh:

They have had 7 dress up + Nabokov this year...how many more do they need?!?!?! lol.

The Isles are going to use fillers until Kevin Poulin and Mikko Koskinen are ready for the show and that is when Ricky D becomes the highest paid goalie coach in league history :huh:

Why can't they get a good goalie. Cory Schneider is available.

Yeah Tavares is only going to get better. As for goalies, yeah that's a huge problem. Not just getting a new one, but getting rid of DP.

I'm always bitter :D. I unfortunately was only around for 1 NYI playoff round win, but was alive for the rangers' Cup. My cousin's husband reminds me of this everytime we talk hockey lol.

A lot of people really don't know how nice of a place Long Island is. Most players only see the Mariott, Uniondale, the airport, and the Coliseum. I agree that Wang is a problem, but there are some guys that do love(d) being an Islander and retired here (aside from Moulson, Bill Guerin, Dead Doug Weight, Rick DiPietro, Bobby Nystrom)

I was alive for the Rangers cup, but I've only been watching hockey for the past 3 years, so I can't say I'd like to see ONE in my lifetime, but I'd like to see ONE in the time I'm a fan during my life.

Long Island is great. I should know, growing up there and still spending a lot of time split between there and NYC. I don't blame anybody that would want to live here as opposed to some other place like Buffalo or Phoenix.

Nabokov should've just reported, especially after all the injuries, just to serve his time and get out of there if he really didn't want to be there. He just made things worse, cause now he's there for next year too.

It doesn't work that way in hockey. One guy isn't going to score 30 goals a night like Amare scores 30 points for the Knicks a night. You need an elite top line to win in hockey these days. And that's just a start. One guy doesn't cut it anymore.

It doesn't work that way in hockey. One guy isn't going to score 30 goals a night like Amare scores 30 points for the Knicks a night. You need an elite top line to win in hockey these days. And that's just a start. One guy doesn't cut it anymore.

That's very true, but at the same time, an elite top line is made up of 3 players, each individuals, and as one comes, so will another, and another. Things will fall into place. You can't get a top line all in one swoop, it's a building process.

That's very true, but at the same time, an elite top line is made up of 3 players, each individuals, and as one comes, so will another, and another. Things will fall into place. You can't get a top line all in one swoop, it's a building process.

Yeah but if youre the rangers and build a team around 2nd liners you won't ever win the cup!

Yeah but if youre the rangers and build a team around 2nd liners you won't ever win the cup!

As a closed-minded delusional and hopeful fan, please don't tell me that. I can't handle the truth :(

Well us Canucks have a team of 2 elite top lines.

They have this guy that is really good. His name is Sedin. He's so quick, it looks like there are 2 of them!

They have this guy that is really good. His name is Sedin. He's so quick, it looks like there are 2 of them!

I just laughed out loud so hard, I couldn't help it. Just had to say that.

Hey, I have an idea. Why don't you take this conversation to the Trash Talk section of the board and leave this thread to what it's supposed to be, about jerseys.

Ok Back to the jerseys and i still have quite a few to unveil. Since it is 1233 am i can post day 3 of my acquisitions

the following are all pro authentic thank you to MLAVAL FOR tbtc AND TBD FOR THE 1909 AND 1912

2595739720106497816NUeFoV_th.jpg

2353388830106497816JUAuqV_th.jpg

2667680260106497816OjxiLR_th.jpg

2828151600106497816DbmaVC_th.jpg

2048284120106497816WfuEWU_th.jpg

2200564540106497816VWkDqO_th.jpg

2624542220106497816goPAuQ_th.jpg

2985339590106497816fDhGRg_th.jpg

2978476600106497816fuJfeh_th.jpg