Is Reebok ready to roll out the 2.0's for retail?

TMLFAN

I noticed lately that a lot of retailers are blowing out their remaining Edge jerseys and many of them have been stating that they expect new supply sometime around the beginning of the season (October). I'm thinking that Reebok is giving retailers a chance to get rid of whatever 1.0's they have in time for the roll out of the 2.0's for retail come September/October.

Anybody else thinking and hoping the same thing.

Hopefully that is true. Maybe I can pick up some Canucks ones for cheap or on sale. :)

Don't know if retail is going to 2.0 Edge jerseys but they should because I think the 1.0 material is crap. If you are shopping for an on ice authentic jersey, it should be the same jersey the pros wear like in the CCM days. Sure it would make my 2.0 gamers a little less special to me but at least it would be good for the hobby.

I was in the NHL Shop last week and many of their authentics looked to be the new ones (though I didn't check 'em all).

I can't see them selling 2.0's, but hey, I can always hope. haha

The thing that is starting to make me think that Reebok will release the 2.0's is that Toronto released their new jerseys a while back yet I haven't found a site selling them yet. Fingers crossed!

I can see it happening, but Reebok will do it quietly because an announcement of any sort will just bring on bad publicity for them.

I would think it comes down to publicity though. They already retail 2.0s in the AHL, and I would imagine they are cheaper to produce than the 1.0s.

Have all teams gone to 2.0s now?

Yes, but I believe some players still use 1.0's but I may be wrong. If they do come out with the 2.0's I can see Reebok claiming it as an improvement over their original design. I don't think many people are aware of the fact that they went back to the old material.

I don't think all teams have fully gone to 2.0 yet.

I'm waiting on the 2009-10 population report from MeiGray to see how the numbers stack up. Here's my previous analysis:

EdgeComparison.gif

More info can be found in this thread. Unfortunately not all teams participate in the MeiGray program (about half do) so nothing can be said with complete certainty for the whole league. I am hoping that the 2009-10 population report shows close to 100% use of the Edge 2.0, as that will hopefully lead to the 2.0s finally being available for retail.

The only team I haven't noticed any Edge 2.0 jerseys with (HD TV is awesome lol) are the Oilers. Every time I see one of their players doing an interview with the camera up close, it's clearly a 1.0.

I would be surprised if the 2.0 gets released at retail. Some companies who sell jerseys won't even acknowledge that the material is different from the 1.0.

• 2 weeks later...

I was at the TeamLA store at Staples Center today and what I saw were the LA Kings' Edge 1.0's being sold retail and game worn Edge 2.0's for $1500 :blink: The material for the 2.0's were definitely the "old air knit style" for the ENTIRE jersey, but the jersey collar tag showed 7187H ??. In contrast, only parts of the 1.0's were "air knit style" I much preferred the 2.0 styling as it felt more rugged and durable. But I got the 1.0's at like $75 !! They rang them up as replicas !

I work for the Canucks store and so far we aren't preparing for any 2.0's to come in. If I catch wind of it I'll certainly let you guys know.