Namebar Questions

JohnnyOnTheSpot

I'm looking to get a few jerseys done, and one area that always confuses me is the namebar. As of right now, do any teams use twill instead of airknit? Also, is there a directory, wiki, anything that says throughout history what teams use?

I know the Wildwing gets sewn directly on, but what about the alternate Ducks set from the late 90's? Do they use twill/airknit/direct?

Also, I think my Giroux Edge Flyers is on a twill nameplate, would this be easy to get replaced with an airknit one?

I also need help with all star jerseys from 1994 onward.

Thanks, I've been looking through pics and I'm personally not able to tell through them.

PS - Does this look like twill? http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=4108051&catLevel=0&scLevel=&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=&catParentID=57452&scId=57452

Ah, thank you kind sir. Still holding out on the other ones.

As for the two Ducks jerseys, I'm planning on sending them out to Gameday Sports Archives, I hear they're good correct?

As for the two Ducks jerseys, I'm planning on sending them out to Gameday Sports Archives, I hear they're good correct?

Yes, gameday is good but not 100% on all things. As far as twill namebars go, nobody uses them anymore and the last time I can remember a team using them is the Jets in the early 90's.

Have you checked out nhluniforms.com? They show if the team used a namebar or not.

It's easy to change nameplates so no worries there but edge jerseys do not use airknit nameplates. Air-knit nameplates go on air-knit jerseys, Ultrafil namebars go on ultrafil jerseys, edge material nameplates go on edge jerseys, etc.

As far as the all-star jerseys go, in 94 they did use ultrafil nameplates but did not in 96 and 97.

Ah, thank you for that. I know they use matching material, I just have no idea what that matching material is called mostly haha.

Truman did a great job when he put Selanne's name & number on my Wildwing jersey, correct materials and everything, so the other jerseys you have should be no sweat. I was kinda picky about everything and emailed him more than a few times but he was totally cool with it. If I didn't have a BC Lions jersey to get done (CFL is underway!) I'd send him another jersey.

I have seen images of the Ducks fourth jerseys that used that satiny material for a nameplate. Here's an example:

http://www.dropthepucks.com/Fredericktown/images/Ana/98-99%20Ana%20alt%20Neilson%20bk.JPG

Also, TMLFAN is correct. There haven't been twill plates since 1996 when the Jets left for Phoenix. They were the only ones to ever use a twill plate in the regular season. However, I have seen air-knit plates on EDGE jerseys. In fact, my Hejduk gamer has just that little quirk. It's a 1.0 and has a white air-knit nameplate. I'm sure it's not even close to being the norm but it definitely proves that it did happen at least once. I would imagine that an EDGE plate would almost always go on an EDGE jersey though just for aesthetics.

I have seen images of the Ducks fourth jerseys that used that satiny material for a nameplate. Here's an example:

http://www.dropthepucks.com/Fredericktown/images/Ana/98-99%20Ana%20alt%20Neilson%20bk.JPG

Also, TMLFAN is correct. There haven't been twill plates since 1996 when the Jets left for Phoenix. They were the only ones to ever use a twill plate in the regular season. However, I have seen air-knit plates on EDGE jerseys. In fact, my Hejduk gamer has just that little quirk. It's a 1.0 and has a white air-knit nameplate. I'm sure it's not even close to being the norm but it definitely proves that it did happen at least once. I would imagine that an EDGE plate would almost always go on an EDGE jersey though just for aesthetics.

Yeah I think Colorado is the only team that still uses air-knit nameplates on their edge jerseys. Also, for edge jerseys, some teams have the same arm material running across the shoulders on the top part of the back but some teams have the back material running all the way up to the collar so the arm material doesn't run all the way across the top part of the back. Depending on how the back is made determines what material the nameplate is made out of.

For example, the Penguins have the arm material running all the way across the top part of the back where the nameplate would be so their nameplates are made of the same material as the arms. The Leafs have the back material running all the way up to the collar so theirs is made of the back material.

I'm looking to get a few jerseys done, and one area that always confuses me is the namebar. As of right now, do any teams use twill instead of airknit? Also, is there a directory, wiki, anything that says throughout history what teams use?

I know the Wildwing gets sewn directly on, but what about the alternate Ducks set from the late 90's? Do they use twill/airknit/direct?

Also, I think my Giroux Edge Flyers is on a twill nameplate, would this be easy to get replaced with an airknit one?

I also need help with all star jerseys from 1994 onward.

Thanks, I've been looking through pics and I'm personally not able to tell through them.

PS - Does this look like twill? http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=4108051&catLevel=0&scLevel=&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=&catParentID=57452&scId=57452

For the Giroux Edge jersey you need a nameplate that is the same material as the rest of the back of the jersey. It should be easy to replace.