Would you ever buy a rival team's jersey?

Sluggermatt15

Tough call. I guess if it was for a star player that had played with the Blues I would consider it. I definitely wouldn't wear it ever. I have the opportunity to pick up a 'Yotes Tkachuk pro authentic third jersey and it's a really hard decision. I love "Big Walt" and what he's done with the Blues. I'll sleep on it, LOL.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depending on size, I'd be happy to take it off your hands to save it from whatever fate you may have in store.

It's a Nike size 52. Late 90s or early 2000s, not sure which, either way it's pretty nice. Though it has a couple small stains on the back hem. Not very noticeable though. I could provide you with pictures if you like.

• 4 weeks later...

I no longer wear, but still own and wore during their rivalry years, a Colorado Avalanche jersey. People thought I was crazy for wearing it during the Western Conference Finals series' when the Avs and Wings faced off.

Dear slugger, as much as I see where you are coming from here, this would however make you a hypocrit!

Now what do you mean by that? B)

• 5 weeks later...

:thumbsup:

sure would EXCEPT the Wings.

(old time grudge from when i lived in Minny.)

B)

no

i once had a flyers shirt in my closet and i couldnt get rid of it fast enough. im itching to get rid of my rangers jerseys now for the same reason

• 3 months later...

No, its Blackhawks only for me, as far as the NHL goes. I'd never buy a Wings jersey, not even if it was a Probert.

How about a Chelios? :lol:

I am currently wearing a Naslund Canucks Jersey...

But that is be supporting my Swedish Heritage while cheering against the Blackhawks

I HATE THE BLACKHAWKS

I know in the other thread concerning this sort of topic - jerseys I wouldn't be caught dead in - I said I wouldn't get a Capitals, Devils, or Wings jersey. I probably wouldn't ever go for a Devils, even if it were their green and red version from Mitchell and Ness (I collect M&N NHL jerseys).

I might be reluctant to get a Capitals some day if it were my size at a reasonable price. Though, it would HAVE to be one of their throwbacks from the 1970s with the stars on the sleeves. The one M&N has of Bryan Watson would suffice because he did spend part of his career with the Pittsburgh Penguins.

As for the Flyers... I likely would only shoot for a Mitchell and Ness Flyers jersey from the days of the Broad Street Bullies because, in my eyes, it would have some collection value as a piece of old time hockey from the 1970s. I'm actually really considering getting one soon, but I am having a really tough time selecting a player to customize it with. I also happen to like the Flyers orange and black color scheme, to an extent. It's not my favorite, but it's neat and Philadelphia did bring orange to the NHL's color palette in 1967. Aside from that, I would only seek a Flyers jersey to resell. However, I very well may seriously consider a Mark Recchi or John LeClair Flyers jersey from the early to mid 1990s because they did play for the Penguins (I'm a fan of the Recchin' Ball).

For Detroit, I would probably only own a Red Wings vintage sweater or maybe even one of their 2009 Winter Classic jerseys. I wouldn't customize it with a player because I'm not a fan of any of their players.