NHL Shield on CCM Jerseys

PensJerseys

I swear I've seen this tidbit on here somewhere before, but I can't seem to find it again.

What year did CCM *start* including the NHL Shield next to the CCM logo on the bottom right of their jerseys?

Thanks!

I swear I've seen this tidbit on here somewhere before, but I can't seem to find it again.

What year did CCM *start* including the NHL Shield next to the CCM logo on the bottom right of their jerseys?

Thanks!

Midseason in 1989-90 appears to be the answer:

http://capsjerseys.com/8990.html

Yes. Starting in January of 1990, all the new sets of jerseys had the shield on the hem. At the start of the 1989(-90) season, most teams had the CCM logo on the hem but it was in the newer three-block format instead of the single embroidered rectangle that was used prior to that year.

I think I know why you're asking the question actually. I'm watching the same one. :D

Just to add something, there are genuine jerseys out there that have the newer three block CCM with no shield, and there are some of the older single block CCM that do have a shield. I guess in 89-90 it was a mish-mash

Yup you're right. I don't know what happened there but there were some that had the older CCM with the shield. I have a Maple Leafs jersey with that feature actually.

Yes. Starting in January of 1990, all the new sets of jerseys had the shield on the hem. At the start of the 1989(-90) season, most teams had the CCM logo on the hem but it was in the newer three-block format instead of the single embroidered rectangle that was used prior to that year.

I think I know why you're asking the question actually. I'm watching the same one. :D

Noooooo, go away! lol I want it!!!!

Edit: If that was you I'm gonna be so mad that I lost by $2.50. lol

what was it?

Couldn't find info on the name anywhere so I assume it was just a custom job. The jersey itself was awesome though, complete with the ASG patch. Sad I didn't get it when losing by only $2.50 but also kinda relieved. Bit higher than I wanted to spend.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Nah, I gave up at the last second when I saw how high it had gone. You're better off to be honest because that's a mighty big clean-up job. No nameplate and nobody wore 13 that year. Though it is a wild jersey with the ASG patch there. Oh well.

Nah, I gave up at the last second when I saw how high it had gone. You're better off to be honest because that's a mighty big clean-up job. No nameplate and nobody wore 13 that year. Though it is a wild jersey with the ASG patch there. Oh well.

Ya for real. Oh well. :) I just REALLY love that jersey style. Got two (one white and black) and would have loved to see a third.

Funny that you knew what I was looking at just by my question. ;)

Oh and after asking for pics from the seller, I believe that it was originally a blank Team Issued.

That was a team-issue???? Some nimrod personally customized a TEAM-ISSUE??? What is this world coming to??

I know. I could be wrong, but from everything a good Gamer-collector friend of mine has told me, it looks like it.

No retail size tag, size written in blue ink on the Maska tag and not a single retail sale tag hole in the Maska tag on the neck. Sound right? I assume for the actual gamers that it would have had the player number written on as well, but being customized like that, it was most likely blank when sold to whoever.