Purchasing twill

slricks

I don't know if anyone here is big on cutting names/numbers for jerseys, but I just got a vinyl cutter that cuts twill just fine, and wanted to do my own customizations. I have the fonts I need for my team's jerseys, but the problem is, I need to know what twill to get.

I ordered some samples from a seller on eBay and the colors matched, but the fabric was missing this sheen/satin look that my existing jerseys exhibit. Does anyone know where the best place to get twill for jerseys may be, or how to tell the exact kind that is used?

Thanks a bunch, I know the question is kind of out there, haha.

You have to find a place that has sport twill with the heat-seal adhesive backing. I went to a place a few months ago who had the right twill but it had a sticky-back peel away layer instead of the heat-activated adhesive stuff. I wouldn't recommend it at all.

You can get some samples from twillusa.com

got some samples and a catalog from them - i believe they were free.

later ordered some twill from them.

twill was a good price; shipping was a little high to canada but not too bad (if i order again i'll see if they will ship by a slower/cheaper method). have yet to use it but it looks alright.

i believe they called their product sports twill, and have a variety of backings to choose from.

most places seem to call the twill with the glue on the back that temporarily heat seals to the jersey so you can sew it on: "tackle twill".

most of the twill that i have, i bought from a local seamstress who does all the custom numbering work for all the hockey/sporting goods stores in town. wanted some colours she didn't have so tried twillusa.

I always wanted to order twill at stahls.com but somehow I never did. Maybe one of you is faster than me...

I think you have to be a business owner to order of Stahl's.

http://www.websterfabric.com/

I've used them in the past for some toddler jerseys for my son and the twill is PERFECT. They even carry the Glacier Twill in multiple colors.

Happy collecting!

Casey Samuelson

Owner / Webmaster

PenguinsChronicles.com - The History of the Pittsburgh Penguins

• 4 weeks later...

That company is awesome^ I just placed my order today.

They have very reasonable pricing if you order through their other business, Liebe. You can get pieces in 12, 24, or 50" widths at any length over 1 yard. Pricing was much less than I thought it would be, around 5-6 bucks per yard for 24"

Now, I have all the components I need save one.

The nameplate material has eluded me. Webster said that I should contact RBK because it is just jersey material. There has to be another way to get this. It almost looks like air-knit material. Does anyone have any insight on a)what is the nameplate material, and B) where to get this stuff at in yard or so increments.

I look forward to keeping everyone posted on this subject. I have been a jersey fanatic for some time, and I know a lot of us think about what it is like to do your own customizations. I want it to be authentic, and I think I have been able to find the level of quality needed with everyones help thus far.

Thanks!

That company is awesome^ I just placed my order today.

They have very reasonable pricing if you order through their other business, Liebe. You can get pieces in 12, 24, or 50" widths at any length over 1 yard. Pricing was much less than I thought it would be, around 5-6 bucks per yard for 24"

Now, I have all the components I need save one.

The nameplate material has eluded me. Webster said that I should contact RBK because it is just jersey material. There has to be another way to get this. It almost looks like air-knit material. Does anyone have any insight on a)what is the nameplate material, and B) where to get this stuff at in yard or so increments.

I look forward to keeping everyone posted on this subject. I have been a jersey fanatic for some time, and I know a lot of us think about what it is like to do your own customizations. I want it to be authentic, and I think I have been able to find the level of quality needed with everyones help thus far.

Thanks!

I think RBK calls the material xtrafil or something along those lines but I have no clue where you can get some. If you do somehow manage to track some down I think there would be a few people here looking for a nameplate.

Does anyone have any idea where to acquire air-knit material? Besides buying a cheapo jersey and cutting what I need out, I can't find any other options.

I've picked up pre-cut air-knit nameplates from gamedaysportsarchives for about $5 a piece. Try shooting Truman and e-mail and see what he says if you don't want to go through the trouble of buying and cutting your own.