Put a hole in my jersey!

Curry1fan

So in my all too eagerness to remove an RBK size tag from my white Pittsburgh Penguins Talbot jersey, I accidentally put a hole in the bottom of the jersey! Well, OK more than one!! :blink: What kind of fabric do I need to fix it? I'm freaking out and don't want to get rid of the jersey because it is in great condition other than my clumsiness. And where can I get the stuff I need? Thanks.

Heh...exactly what I was gonna suggest.

Well, what you could do is have someone who knows how to sew 'repair' the holes like an equipment man would do. Use the same color thread and just use a very tight stitch to close the holes up. Other than that, I don't really know what to tell you.

Or I could try to make small holes in the bottom of my jersey chic. Hehe.

Being a girl though, I'll probably just roll up the bottom of my jersey so no one sees the holes.

OK here's the pic. I was using a knife then used to a pair of scissors to get rid of the strings and what not. They're mostly small holes; I wonder if it's even worth worrying about?

jerseyholes.jpg

OK here's the pic. I was using a knife then used to a pair of scissors to get rid of the strings and what not. They're mostly small holes; I wonder if it's even worth worrying about?

jerseyholes.jpg

Oh my goodness. What can I say. The best thing is to have the patch sewn back on, and even better is to sew the patch on a piece of white airknit or something and cut it out around the patch so the patch will have a white outline. 5mm on each side should be enough. Then have that "enlarged" patch sewn back on with a zig-zag stitch. I wouldn't try to repair those holes. And just covering the damaged part with a piece of jersey material wouldn't look good either.

For your next jersey please use a seam ripper and let someone show you how to use it. Why didn't you stop after the first hole?

800px-Seam_ripper.jpg

I'd only use small things like a seam ripper or a small set of scissors (I think cuticle scissors, my wife has a small pair that I'll use if absolutely necessary). Personally, the seam ripper is my best friend when it comes to jerseys. I just de-personalized a baseball jersey of mine using one of them. That little blade in between the two prongs is perfect when you can squeeze it into the area you need. Good luck on the repairs!

jerseyholes.jpg

Where did you buy it? try taping it back on and returning it without mentioning anything :P

Send it to IceJerseys, they'll repair it for you. They are big holes.

I haven't seen holes that big since Jose Theodore's "performance" against the Rangers tonight. :(

:D

I will say one thing - I had forgotten how much the Caps like to hit. Ovie was a hitting machine and Green destroyed poor Freddie Sjostrom.

Does Ice Jerseys really repair jerseys? I see on their help section they customize ones you already own, but they will repair, right? Anyone have experience with them repairing a jersey? I've never shopped here, but I want to purchase a jersey here this summer anyway.

Does Ice Jerseys really repair jerseys? I see on their help section they customize ones you already own, but they will repair, right? Anyone have experience with them repairing a jersey? I've never shopped here, but I want to purchase a jersey here this summer anyway.

Sure, they're repairing one of my jerseys right now. I will post pictures when I get it back.

• 10 months later...

Quick question - I bought a ProPlayer Maple Leafs replica jersey off ebay for very cheap which said there were no dignificant flaws. However on arrival there is a 2cm hole with some black around it, pretty much a cigarette burn. Otherwise the jersey is awesome, but i'd like to patch it up. Is there any place to order an airknit type material patch in Toronto blue to patch it up.

I bought the jersey because it was cheap and matched the colours of my Australian Rules football team so i could wear it to games so perfection isn't essential but I want to fix the hole.

Thanks in advance!