Me and my jersey are famous!

Curry1fan

So this morning, I decided to change my avatar that I use on the official Pittsburgh Pens message boards. Since Tyler Kennedy is one of my faves, I went to Google Images and typed in Tyler Kennedy. I was clicking through pics and not really finding one I liked. Then all of a sudden I saw a picture from behind of someone in a WBS Tyler Kennedy jersey that was spotted at a Pittsburgh game.

If you haven't figured it out yet, that someone was me!

The Pittsburgh Post Gazette has writers that do an online blog about the Pens, Empty Netters. One of their features is Jersey Fouls where they take pics of unsuspecting people in random jerseys and if the jersey is enough of a "foul", they will label it as such. I am not a foul; I guess they just thought my jersey was random and cool enough to merit a photo.

If you go to this link and scroll down, you'll see me (well the back of me anyway). Kennedy's number in WBS was 11, so make sure you're looking for that and not a 48 (what he wears in Pittsburgh now). By my counts, I am the 14th picture down. Haha. My best friend is in it too; she's the chick in the Crosby jersey walking behind me.

http://community.post-gazette.com/blogs/em...ersion-2-0.aspx

And if you don't want to scroll, here's the pic on its own:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3634/335365..._a4b8981069.jpg

ETA: An entertaining post on EN about jersey fouls and "jersey etiquette"

http://community.post-gazette.com/blogs/em...e-12-16-08.aspx

Cool I was actually at that game too. It was the first of 5 games I saw in 5 different cities on my spring break road trip I did. I guess they didn't see or care to take a picture of me in my Ovechkin Dynamo jersey haha. That was a great game to watch though.

very cool! I'm surprised they didn't tell you they were putting you in the blog though, just ran up all ninja style and snapped a pic :ninja:

that jersey fouls blog is great, I'm surprised that a mainstream newspaper has such a strong opinion on jerseys. I wish people here cared that much, jersey watching at Avs games is pretty painful most of the time. sometimes I forget what its like to live in a city that actually cares about hockey and those sort of faux pas.

That's awesome. Congrats!

There's no bigger turn-on than a flock of ladies that know their jerseys at a hockey game. What beer do you drink?

There's no bigger turn-on than a flock of ladies that know their jerseys at a hockey game.

quoted for truth

Devilsfan: Where else did you go on your trip?

biggoalie: I do not really like beer, but I do enjoy wine coolers.

Pittsburgh was the first stop, then I saw the Blackhawks and Islanders game in Chicago the next day. Next we went to the Wild and Avs game in Minnesota on St. Patrick's Day, then we went spent an entire day driving back East. We then went to Toronto to see the Hall of Fame, followed by the Sabres and Flyers game in Buffalo the following day. After that, we went back into Canada for the Canadiens and Leafs game in Montreal, then stopped at the Baseball Hall of Fame on the way back to New Jersey.

After typing that up, I guess a simple list would be easier...

Pittsburgh vs. Senators

Chicago vs. Islanders

Minnesota vs. Avalanche

Hockey Hall of Fame

Buffalo vs. Flyers

Montreal vs. Maple Leafs

Baseball Hall of Fame

Yes she is. She bought it at a Champs store in NYC when she took a trip there in December.

She mentioned wanting to buy another jersey on Ebay because the prices are so great and I stared her down while pretending to be fascinated. I wanted to bust out a warning of how to find fake jerseys, but she doesn't have a lot of money for the real thing. I've been on this board too much.

Yes she is. She bought it at a Champs store in NYC when she took a trip there in December.

She mentioned wanting to buy another jersey on Ebay because the prices are so great and I stared her down while pretending to be fascinated. I wanted to bust out a warning of how to find fake jerseys, but she doesn't have a lot of money for the real thing. I've been on this board too much.

I hear that lol...

I'm pretty certain that my g/fs parents bought about 4-5 fake WC jerseys...I didn't want to ruin it for them, but I also felt bad that they may have been ripped off. I think my g/f knew what I was doing when I asked to see one of the jerseys. She just stared me down as I examined it and said, coldly "What, you think it's fake?!?" I didn't say anything lol...

Cool deal on the pics by the way! Neat.