Battle of the Black Jerseys

johnnygriswold

Hey all,

I created a fun poll on my site (with images) that I'm calling the Battle of the Black jerseys. I'm not a fan at all of black jerseys, and I thought it would be fun to see which one team gets to keep theirs.

POLL LINK

To be fair (and hopefully not too biased haha), Pittsburgh should be the only one if we were forced to chose. They have a history that spans across one and a half other professional sports teams (a full two if you include the Pirates as a legitimate franchise now-a-days) as various versions of Black and Gold (or Yellow) and that doesn't even include the Pittsburgh Yellow Jackets/Pirates. This is actually the only reason that the Black and Gold colors were awarded to the Penguins when Boston already sported them, otherwise the Pens would have been told to get lost. Pittsburgh identifies with Black and Gold as it's official colors...and I don't think anyone wants them to go back to their old Yellow jerseys, or the baby blues full time.

Edited by blurryhaze312

Agreed, the black and gold ARE the Bruins and Pens. The organizations have a long term interest in those colors. Tampa to a lesser extent but I believe that black has been a major color component since their inception. The rest of the teams can drop as far as I am concerned with the only exception being the Blackhawks. That logo looks great in any color and I think the reds in the primary and secondary logos really pops on the black. Otherwise, take me away Stars, Kings, Sens, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
Agreed, the black and gold ARE the Bruins and Pens. The organizations have a long term interest in those colors. Tampa to a lesser extent but I believe that black has been a major color component since their inception. The rest of the teams can drop as far as I am concerned with the only exception being the Blackhawks. That logo looks great in any color and I think the reds in the primary and secondary logos really pops on the black. Otherwise, take me away Stars, Kings, Sens, etc.

Sens Fan: "But we've had black jerseys on and off since 92!"