Exploring an abandoned arena

lafountain

Was browsing around on the Stars board and someone posted this about a group that went to the Buffalo Memorial Auditorium. Thought it was pretty cool.

http://brnation.d2sector.net/ue/buffalomem...lauditorium.htm

I used to love going to games there. Those orange seats were seriously steep. That place had a lot of character. I would go to about 5 or 6 games a year there, and it's a 6 hour round trip for me. The fried baloney sandwiches were great, a Buffalo specialty. The Crossroads/Marine Midland/HSBC Arena is nice, but it's not the same as the Aud. On the occasions over the past 12 or so years that I've been in Buffalo, it's sad to see the building sitting there wasting away. I hope that they give it it's diginity and just demolish it instead of letting it just rot like it has been.

I hope that they give it it's diginity and just demolish it instead of letting it just rot like it has been.

Well they are finally going to do just that. They have been selling the blue seats (got about 300k from that) and are now auctioning off the orange seats. I think they will also do the signs but not sure of that. Lord knows if Bass Pro will actually be going in there or not. Its sad to see the old arena go but if they aren't going to use it, it should make way for something useful (and that is NOT Bass Pro).