Osgood Jerseys

ozfan30

Hey everyone, I just joined after browsing this board for a little bit, and as my screen name suggests I am a huge Osgood fan, my first year watching hockey was his rookie year, so I have had an emotional connection with him since I was 4. I have his Red Wings, New York, and St. Louis jerseys, but am trying to get everything, so my question is where can I get a 1996 Western Conference all-star jersey, a vintage Medicine Hat tigers jersey, a vintage Seattle Thunderbirds jersey, a dark Grand Rapids Griffins jersey (one of newer ones that has no green, but pre-Edge), and a 2008 All-Star jersey. This last one I thought would be easy to find but it has given me fits.

Thanks everyone in advance.

Start hunting ebay.

The purple Western Conference all-star jersey often shows up on ebay and should be fairly easy to come by.

I'm surprised to hear you say a 2008 All-Star is hard to get. You'd think places would still have them and be trying to move them.

Good luck with the others. Those sound like they could be scarce, but with ebay, you never know...

I have been looking on ebay regularly, I am puzzled on the 08 all star jersey as well. I thought I could get one for cheap because I thought all star jerseys don't sell well. I am positive one will turn up I just need to be ready. Hopefully Oz will make it to this years all-star game, but he has't been great so far.

When I went to see the Rangers play the Blue Jackets in Columbus about a month ago, they had tons of 08 all-star jerseys, replica and authentic in the pro shop for 50% ... I figured if they are trying to get rid of them so bad they'd eventually make it to eBay.

Not sure if you are looking for replica or authentic but here is what I found from the seller Hockey Jersey Outlet.

http://search.stores.ebay.com/Hockey-Jerse...westQ2aQQsofpZ0

Can anyone tell me what jerseys the red wings wore in 1998 was it Starter, Nike, CCM I am going to get a stanly cup one made.

In the 97/98 season, the Red Wings wore Nike. They also had the VK/SM patch on there.

RedWings5.gif

In the 97/98 season, the Red Wings wore Nike. They also had the VK/SM patch on there.

RedWings5.gif

If you ever have any questions about what brand a team wore during a given year, nhluniforms.com has all that information contained in it's illustrations, along with other details such as if they used nameplates or not.

Also, the Believe patch was relocated to the shoulder during the Cup Finals when the Finals patch was added.

2686343180100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hey, I was hoping someone could post some shots of Osgood when he was with the Seattle Thunderbirds and the Brandon Wheat Kings. I am not sure what number he wore for each of those teams.

Hey, I was hoping someone could post some shots of Osgood when he was with the Seattle Thunderbirds and the Brandon Wheat Kings. I am not sure what number he wore for each of those teams.

I saw a really blurry picture of Ozzie with the Thunderbirds wearing #35.

Since that was before the age of digital photography AND widespread proliferation of the internet, you might have better luck asking for photos of Bigfoot having a cup of tea in the woods.

I know I have enough trouble finding minor league photos from 5 years ago. The search for Ed Belfour in a North Dakota jersey was a challenge and I never did find one of him from the back in a road jersey to see if they used names on the back.

Good luck.

Thanks a lot for the pic, I knew I saw that one before. I probably won't see an Osgood, Brandon Wheat kings photo, he only played 16 games for them after he got traded before being traded again so he wouldn't be in any preseason or postseason photos.

I just thought I would update on how my search is going.

I currently have;

Red Wings RBK practice

Nike Red Wings Authentic

Winter Classic Replica

96 All star replica

08 All star premier

St Louis Blues-royal

New York Islander-Orange

Grand Rapids Griffins-White

and I have found a blue Islanders Osgood jersey on ebay. Hopefully I will win that auction

Thanks to everyone who has helped me track down some of these jerseys.

Nice suggestion...

Btw, Ozzie was the goalie for Seattle in the '92 Memorial Cup so on the off-chance you could find that patch, it would make the jersey even more special.

Thanks for the info, that will be tough though.

I am having issues on whether I should hold out trying to find a jersey from those teams from the early 90's or get one of the modern RBK's and put his name on it. Ideally I would want an original, but am feeling I would have to settle. I have one possible source for the Thunderbirds, my neighbor back home is the announcer for the Griffins and he worked for the T-birds in the late 80's he still knows people who work there so he has offered to help me. Hopefully I can track these down.

Ha, just now I found an old T-birds jersey on ebay. There is also a gameworn one that has screened numbers (it isn't osgood), but now I need to know if they used screening while he was there and if they had names on back.

• 2 weeks later...

I just received my Blue Islanders jerseys. Now I am just waiting until spring break to get my orange Islanders and blue St. Louis jerseys. Also that is when I will ship off my Griffins, 96 all star, and 08 all star jerseys. If anyone had any authentic Red Wings, Islanders, or Blues jerseys let me know (size 52 or above CCM white for St louis and New York, either color for wings)