Who should I get on my blank jersey(s)???

Jordan's House

I don't think there's a topic dedicated for this already. I skimmed over all of the previous ones and didn't see anything. I don't know if you guys ever have this dilemma, but I've got a few blank jerseys sitting here now, and I'm having a hard time deciding which player to get on these bad boys. I thought this might be a good place for help. I'm not sure if anyone else will use this, but I'd definitely be happy to get some input on my situation.

Every once in a while, I'll stumble upon a deal on eBay that's just too sweet to pass up. The result is usually a closet full of blanks that are just waiting to be customized. In my case, it's most likely Capitals jerseys. I'll list the blanks that I have and then the same jerseys with the names that I already have customized. Here's what I have:

1 Black CCM Replica (2000-2007)

- Already have: Ovechkin, Bondra

2 White CCM Replica (2000-2007)

- Already have: Nylander, Kolzig

The only players that I'm not open to getting (mainly because I already have them in a different color/style) are: Oveckin, Semin, Kolzig, Bondra

Any suggestions guys?

Hello if i had to choose i would of got peter bondra but u have him i suggest Adam oates, Sergei Gonchar, or Jeff Halpern if u want u could get a patch like this http://www.nhlpatches.info/time.htm on your jersey if still want it blank or both a name and a patch. i hope this helps.

No love for the long time captain Steve Konowalchuk? With him you could go w/ the C or the A on the 2001-07 Jersey and have the 911 patch option with a C as well.

If it were me, I'd limit myself to 2001-02 for the white one in order to put the 9/11 patch on it. I think the patch stands out against the white one nicely.

That leaves you with plenty of options from that season such as #77 Oates, who probably wore the "A", #55 Gonchar, long time Caps #8 Khristich, #3 Cote, #6 Johansson and #22 Konowalchuk.

I'd lean toward Johansson myself.

For the black one, you could then do one of the other 5, although I'd lean toward the two digit numbers because they'd fill up the back of the black jersey nicely, with Oates being my first choice.

You could also do #20 Lang or #92 Nylander from 2002-03.

Thanks for the all the great suggestions guys!!! I currently have a white Gonchar with the 1998 Stanley Cup patch, a white Oates from his first season with the Caps, and a white Nylander that I purchased during the 2002-03 season (I'm so glad he's back, otherwise I would've considered that jersey a bust since he was traded the next season!).

I would seriously love a Konowalchuk jersey! I can't believe I forgot about him. I think I'm definitely going to get Kono on one of my blank whites. Does anyone know where to find one of those 9/11 patches though? I was considering Johansson as well, since he's not part of my collection yet either. I would also love to rock a Robert Lang jersey because he is one of my all-time favorites. Do you think it would be alright since he only played with the Caps for less than 2 seasons?

YOu can also put Jagr... on both :D

As much as I love Jagr, I can't bring myself to put his name on a Capitals jersey. I have seriously thought about it. I loved him from his days with the Pens, and even though I was more than happy with him in Washington, let's just say everyone else around here has a strong dislike for him. I might suck it up and go for a Jagr Capitals jersey some day, but it'll be one that I won't sport at the Verizon Center for a long time.

how about Green?

Green would be good. I've been meaning to add a Green to my collection. I wasn't sure if I should wait and get him on a new white or red Caps jersey, but I could definitely put him one of the old white jerseys or the black jersey.

I'm really close to pulling the trigger on getting LANG on the black one. He was in Washington for less than 2 seasons before their infamous "fire sale", but he did have one of his best seasons there. What do you guys think?

Personally, I've always thought of Lang as a Cap. I didnt realize it was only two seasons. He was known as a Penguin, but came into his own as Capital in my opinion.

I have the same problem. I collect authentic Caps jerseys also but many of them aren't customized. So far I have the Rbk Edge home red with Ovechkin on it and a Koho Black with Kolzig. I have a 99-00 away blue, 00-04 home white, 92-93 home white, and a 89-95 home red all authentic and without any customization. I've been wrestling on who I want on these jerseys. I was thinking Bondra on the blue caps away jersey, Semin on the 00-04 white, Langway on the 92-93 Home White, and either Cicceralli or Gartner on the 89-95 away red. The only jersey I'm missing in my collection is the new Rbk Edge white (thinking of getting Backstrom or Green for that one).

I have the same problem. I collect authentic Caps jerseys also but many of them aren't customized. So far I have the Rbk Edge home red with Ovechkin on it and a Koho Black with Kolzig. I have a 99-00 away blue, 00-04 home white, 92-93 home white, and a 89-95 home red all authentic and without any customization. I've been wrestling on who I want on these jerseys. I was thinking Bondra on the blue caps away jersey, Semin on the 00-04 white, Langway on the 92-93 Home White, and either Cicceralli or Gartner on the 89-95 away red. The only jersey I'm missing in my collection is the new Rbk Edge white (thinking of getting Backstrom or Green for that one).

Nice collection!!!!! I have two authentics: One away Kolzig (white w/eagle) from the 2003-04 season and I too have a blank blue away jersey from 1999-00. The rest of mine are replicas. I have a CCM Vintage replica of the home jersey from the early 90's that I had customized with Langway and the NHL 75th Anniversary Patch. The 75th patch looks really good opposite the C. That's definitely a good choice for your 92-93. I was also thinking of getting Bondra on my blue one. I love those jerseys. Do you have pics of your collection up?

If anyone involved with this thread is interested, I have part of a lettering kit for the Caps Blue jersey for Peter Bondra. It includes the name and the 12 for the sleeves. It does NOT include the back numbers. The name and sleeve numbers are 4 inches tall. They are triple layered, white on black, on bronze, already stitched together to make things easier. I won them with a blue Caps jersey on Ebay a long time ago, and I have absolutely no use for them. I would rather someone here puts them to good use rather than me throwing them away. PM me if interested.

In 01/02 Konowalchuk and Brendan Witt were co-captains so if you went with the 9/11 patch make sure you do some research to see who actually was the Captain in that game. Wouldn't want you to put the C on there to find out the other guy was the captain that game.

If anyone involved with this thread is interested, I have part of a lettering kit for the Caps Blue jersey for Peter Bondra. It includes the name and the 12 for the sleeves. It does NOT include the back numbers. The name and sleeve numbers are 4 inches tall. They are triple layered, white on black, on bronze, already stitched together to make things easier. I won them with a blue Caps jersey on Ebay a long time ago, and I have absolutely no use for them. I would rather someone here puts them to good use rather than me throwing them away. PM me if interested.

PM sent!!!

In 01/02 Konowalchuk and Brendan Witt were co-captains so if you went with the 9/11 patch make sure you do some research to see who actually was the Captain in that game. Wouldn't want you to put the C on there to find out the other guy was the captain that game.

Was there a specific 9/11 game they played in where they wore a different patch or jersey or something? The had the angled US flag with 9-11 which was worn for the entire season so both Witt and Konowalchuk would have worn that patch with the C and interestingly enough just the patch as when one was captain the other was not an assistant. Either way, if you go back to 01-02 you are looking at Kono with a mullet or Witt with the wildman long hair, so either way you get great hockey hair!

Was there a specific 9/11 game they played in where they wore a different patch or jersey or something? The had the angled US flag with 9-11 which was worn for the entire season so both Witt and Konowalchuk would have worn that patch with the C and interestingly enough just the patch as when one was captain the other was not an assistant. Either way, if you go back to 01-02 you are looking at Kono with a mullet or Witt with the wildman long hair, so either way you get great hockey hair!

That is my mistake, I for some reason thought that they only wore it for one game. So in that case, you could go with either if you wanted a team Captain from that year.

Now, if I could only track down one of those 9/11 patches, I'd be in business!!!

If you find some, let me know I'd love to get one too. As for Caps jerseys, I had been watching a Richard Zednik White #44 jerseys from his first stint with the Caps on ebay (I have a blue one to get his name with the 98 Stanley Cup patch on and a black one to put #20 on, so this one would get the nhl2000 treatment), it started at $9.99 and stayed there till I went to bed late this morning (like 3:30 after being up for 22 straight hours). So I set my alarm for 6:35am for a 6:42 ending time, and I was so tired I guess I turned off the alarm and all of a sudden I woke up, 3 minutes too late! I had to check the final price, it sold for $14.75 :(. I was so mad at myself I couldn't go back to sleep for the longest time. With shipping thats $25 for a sewn name and number jersey, if I try to replicate that jersey I can get the kit for $25, and thats without a jersey and putting it on. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I hate my poor sleep decisions!

If you find some, let me know I'd love to get one too. As for Caps jerseys, I had been watching a Richard Zednik White #44 jerseys from his first stint with the Caps on ebay (I have a blue one to get his name with the 98 Stanley Cup patch on and a black one to put #20 on, so this one would get the nhl2000 treatment), it started at $9.99 and stayed there till I went to bed late this morning (like 3:30 after being up for 22 straight hours). So I set my alarm for 6:35am for a 6:42 ending time, and I was so tired I guess I turned off the alarm and all of a sudden I woke up, 3 minutes too late! I had to check the final price, it sold for $14.75 :(. I was so mad at myself I couldn't go back to sleep for the longest time. With shipping thats $25 for a sewn name and number jersey, if I try to replicate that jersey I can get the kit for $25, and thats without a jersey and putting it on. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I hate my poor sleep decisions!

I WAS WATCHING THE SAME JERSEY!!!! I woke up too late as well. I was kicking myself for missing out on that one. I had the Stanley Cup patch here all ready to go! Do you know if Ice Jerseys would do the curved nameplate? I believe they still wore the curved nameplate on the black jerseys during the 1999-00 season. I have a replica from that era (with the CCM on the bottom hem as opposed to below the neck on the back) that I would love to get customized.

Crazy that happened to both of us! I was going to go with the NHL 2000 patch due to the contrasting blue on white and I have 98 Cup Zednik in the waiting already on a blue jersey. As for the curved nameplate, I've wanted one of those for ever, I dont know if IJ can do it, but I dont see why not. They did the Michigan jersey for someone based on pictures of the font and the guy at Minnesota Vintage Hockey told me with a picture they can replicate anything, so it has to be possible. I'd like to get a Konowalchuk black just because its such a long name to arch!

Crazy that happened to both of us! I was going to go with the NHL 2000 patch due to the contrasting blue on white and I have 98 Cup Zednik in the waiting already on a blue jersey. As for the curved nameplate, I've wanted one of those for ever, I dont know if IJ can do it, but I dont see why not. They did the Michigan jersey for someone based on pictures of the font and the guy at Minnesota Vintage Hockey told me with a picture they can replicate anything, so it has to be possible. I'd like to get a Konowalchuk black just because its such a long name to arch!

Icejerseys has no problem replicating the fonts of most jerseys even with the curved nameplate. Just find a good picture and include it with the jersey and you will be good to go. I sent them an Idaho Steelheads jersey (ECHL team) and it was not a normal font and they were able to get it right on, so I wouldn't worry about not being able to duplicate the font.

• 2 weeks later...