Dry cleaninig jerseys?

thebiggoalie

Any body here ever try dry cleaning any of their jerseys? Ultrafil, air-knit, etc?

I recently got an ultrafil Pens '92 jersey with a few small stains here and there and I was wondering if anything could go wrong if I had it dry cleaned. Would it shrink? ruin the logo or customization?

I also have a few airknit jerseys that I may also want to try if anyones done those.

Thanks everyone.

I get mine cleaned all the time..and mine dont shrink..for me it cleans them to flawless..i had a Khabibulin Lightning jersey that is white and it had stains ALL over it and i got it back from the dry cleaners it was spotless..hope this helps

I've also had jerseys sent to the dry cleaners to remove dye stains from having taken old numbers off and glue residue. Worked fine for me a number of times.

Anyone have any luck dry cleaning an authentic EDGE jerseys thats been customized? My Marian Hossa Red Wings jersey arrived today with a note apologizing for the damage to my package from the USPS. About 50% of the package was a darker color than the rest, and it looked like it had been dropped in a puddle. I was bummed, but upon picking up I caught a wiff, it appears that its not water but paint thinner. I got the jersey out as quickly as possible and it appears to not have any visual damage but smells like a paint rag. I've sprayed it the odor killer I use on my hockey gear, but think I will have to dry clean it before I can wear it to a game without requiring my own section as to not get the people around me high off the fumes! Anything special I need to ask for when I drop it off at the cleaners?

Anything special I need to ask for when I drop it off at the cleaners?

A receipt so the USPS can pay you back for the cleaning!

Yeah, I hear that, although I think it will do me no good. Their letter essentially said, we screwed up, it happens, too bad. Signed USPS. The smell is getting better, but I'm out of the pet/hockey gear smell killer and had it in the bathroom with the fan on for a couple hours, Ill pick up some more odor stuff later. Other than that, this is my first Wings jersey, and while Ive never like the team before, its a beautiful jersey.

I still have a hard time watching the Wings and saying this is the team I'm pulling for. I was an Avs fan when Adam Deadmarsh played for them which was during the heated part of the late 90s, so I hated the Wings for years. In fact the Wings were just about the last team I needed to add to complete the current NHL. I tell myself I'm rooting for Hossa, not the Wings, but I do wish he had signed with just about anyone, but staying with the Penguins would have been nice.