Montreal/New York 2/19/08

lafountain

Wow, what a comeback for Montreal. Down 5-0 to New York and they come back and win it in the shootout. Ryder played a great game and Kovalev is having easily his best season since arriving in Montreal. Looks like it would have been a fun game to watch (unless you are a Rangers fan).

Wow, what a comeback for Montreal. Down 5-0 to New York and they come back and win it in the shootout. Ryder played a great game and Kovalev is having easily his best season since arriving in Montreal. Looks like it would have been a fun game to watch (unless you are a Rangers fan).

I watched, and was ready to give up when it was 5-0. It turns out I hung around to watch the biggest comeback in Canadiens history! What a game! It was especially enjoyable to watch considering the Habs blew a 3-0 3rd period lead to the Rangers on Superbowl Sunday.

This team definitely has something special this year. I can't recall a Canadiens team that has as much desire and character since 93. If Gainey can pull in the "impact player" that he is hoping to land (or even if he doesn't), this could be a team to watch in the playoffs. Nice to see Ryder contributing finally - even though he is still likely trade fodder.

What a beauty comeback, and I can't believe how dominate Mark Streit has been this year, he's come out of nowhere in my books, got himself some points in that comeback. I'd love to see Hossa go to the habs but hopefully the cost doesn't kill the future.