Rbk EDGE 3rd Jerseys

hockeycam1344

Confirmed from a RBK rep the following teams will release a third jersey for the start of next season

Chicago Blackhawks

St. Louis Blues

Boston Bruins

Vancouver Canucks

Pheonix Coyotes

Philadelphia Flyers

Carolina Hurricanes

New York Islanders

Los Angeles Kings

Tampa Bay Lightning

Toronto Maple Leafs

Edmonton Oilers

Buffalo Sabres

Ottawa Senators

San Jose Sharks

Dallas Stars

Atlanta Thrashers

Minnesota Wild

I'm disappointed that the habs are not going to bring back the white alternate jersey. Also, I hope the Lightning 3rd jersey will be using alot of blue!

WOW! More jerseys that Reebok will put out that nobody can afford. I can't wait to see and not be able to touch.

Without sounding too political or stirring the pot here, do you think the NHL and Reebok are looking at sales of jerseys this past year and thinking:

"Hey, a pro jersey costs over $300 retail (US Funds), or over $150 for a poorly made replica with screened on numbers. Who the H.E.(doublehockeysticks) can afford that? Maybe it's time to go back to the cheaper, more practical, and darn right better original hockey jersey design so even a child can afford a better quality jersey to wear to a game."

Rather than thinking"

"Nobody's buying the new jerseys. It must be because they are not as interested in the NHL. We need to change the game some more with our funny new rules, more speed, more injuries, and hardly any physical contact. Maybe we should still think about making the nets bigger."

The average Joe apparently doesn't mind buying a cheap knockoff made in China on Ebay for one fifth of the price.

While I like the idea of alternate jerseys, I think the marketing for the NHL is absolutely horrible and it should rethink the entire system to satisfy their fans.

I must say I am surprised the Penguins aren't on that list...although that could just mean that they haven't finalized anything with RBK/the NHL.

As for the new ones, I like them, it's just too bad that they are so expensive. Really though, they are only about $50 more than the old ones uncustomized, which isn't exactly breaking the bank if you're willing to drop $200 for an authentic anyway.

I must say I am surprised the Penguins aren't on that list...although that could just mean that they haven't finalized anything with RBK/the NHL.

Pittsburgh has already announced that they will be producing a 3rd jersey similar to the Winter Classic jersey.

I am okay with the Edge jersey because of the high Canadian dollar the pricepoint is no different then what the old jersey was last year. I just want minds to be made and settle it, the biggest mistake a sports organization can make is change TOO much in an attempt to re-invent. NASCAR is notorious for it I have slowly started letting it go because it's not about racing anymore. Hockey is endanger of it as well...face it hockey is a niche market everywhere but Canada and maybe the odd European country.

My wishlist is the Avs third jersey comes back, I love that jersey so much.

I'm disappointed that the habs are not going to bring back the white alternate jersey. Also, I hope the Lightning 3rd jersey will be using alot of blue!

This is the first I've heard about this 3rd for next year, should be awesome! I too would like to see the dark blue more prominent, maybe with a white stripe separating it from the black. We could even drop the "tampa bay" name mark from the primary logo, or use the sleeve logo with the state of Florida as our primary logo! The possibilities are limitless, we could even bring back the lightning bolts somehow! I'm very excited!

Where did you hear this? Confirmed? Any link to a story or source?

Where did you hear this? Confirmed? Any link to a story or source?

Ok...I know this might reduce the authenticity of the post, but I got this list from the Thrashers Message Board. HOWEVER, the poster's ID is Hockey Jerseys Direct, which is a seller of Rbk EDGE jerseys. See: http://www.hockeyjerseysdirect.com/hjd/rbk.asp

I just copied and pasted the post from here: http://forums.atlantathrashers.com/index.php?showtopic=17700

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to see the Avs re-release their prior thirds, those things looked good. I'm curious on the Coyotes and Sharks ones, I've heard that the Sharks may make their third a black jersey, but can't confirm any source on that one. I'd love to see the Coyotes incorporate the moon or state logo on their third more than they have it now. Hopefully they'll do a black jersey. I'd love to see some of the older styles make a comeback but am still curious how this next round is going to look.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone heard anything new? An outside confirmation rather than heresay or any possible jersey designs?

I'm looking forward to a possible Bolts 3rd in dark blue...

Has anyone heard anything new? An outside confirmation rather than heresay or any possible jersey designs?

I'm looking forward to a possible Bolts 3rd in dark blue...

I have heard a lot that Carolina's will be black with the Storm Flag as the chest logo.

• 1 month later...

It's official...The Kings confirmed that they will have a 3rd jersey released in November.

http://www.insidesocal.com/kings/2008/05/m...et_holders.html

Last I heard the Wild were not going to have a third jersey next year after all.