Colorado Rockies game shirt - Estimate

Geohay

Hi all,
I joined here the other month to learn a bit more about hockey shirts, thank you all for your help.

I've just got hold of a Colorado Rockies shirt (late 70's / early 80's?). It's made by "Sandow Sporting Knit" or "SK"
It's missing its fight strap, but has the stitched area where it connects to the jersey.

In very good condition. The label is a little faded. Do you have an estimate on a price?

I'm trying to add some images, but they're too big. I will try to reduce the size and post them here.

Believe it or not, that IS the fight strap.

Unfortunately, it's got an incorrect crest on the front. Not only is it too small but it's all embroidered when the team used either a screen-printed crest or a much larger and all twill crest. Here's an example.

Rockies1-vi.jpg

For uploading photos, you'll need a photo sharing app like Photobucket.

You upload your photos to Photobucket and hit the share button, choose the IMG file option. Then paste the attachment in your reply here on the forum.

Hope this helps.

While I agree with Brilliant! that the crest is off, there is an outside chance it could be legit. The Rockies back in the day were known for their cheapness and inconsistency and it reflected in their jerseys.

Right now I have with Meigray getting authenticated a gamer from the first set of the first season made by champion with all screened crest and numbers that looks different than the rest of the set that year. It looks cheaper as they didn't get the regular jerseys in on time, so they used these stripped down versions for the first 4-8 weeks of their first season.

While I am leaning towards it not being a gamer, I both do and don't have the experience to totally dismiss it as a gamer.

We all like to complain about how Reebok's recent retail authentics (Indo/1.0's) differ from the on-ice (2.0) versions, but what Sandow did back in the early 1980's was probably worse. For some reason, Sandow's retail authentics for teams like the Leafs, Islanders, Oilers, etc. had different crests from the gameworns, and in some cases different style double elbows or even fight straps. My Leafs Sandow authentic, for example, even has the wrong color collar. So maybe you just got a retail version, which is legit but does not have the exact same construction as the game version. I have no idea why Sandow would go to the trouble of making 2 different authentic versions for each team, but that's how it was.

I have no idea why Sandow would go to the trouble of making 2 different authentic versions for each team, but that's how it was.

Probably the same reason Reebok does it now. Manufacturing cost and profits.

Another thing that seems interesting to me is that your jersey seems to be made of mesh with possibly durene stripes and hem. I'm no expert on Rockies jerseys, but I've only seen Sandow Rockies gamers that were all durene. Also, does your jersey have the shoulder patches? I can't see them in the picture.

Another thing that seems interesting to me is that your jersey seems to be made of mesh with possibly durene stripes and hem. I'm no expert on Rockies jerseys, but I've only seen Sandow Rockies gamers that were all durene. Also, does your jersey have the shoulder patches? I can't see them in the picture.

I've only seen durene sandow Rockies jersey too. However I wouldn't put it past them if there was a sandow mesh used either at the very end of 80-81 season or beginning of 81-82 season.

I don't see any numbers and lettering either. I wonder if it was stripped or if not there at all. If not there at all at best this was possibly a team issued stock.