Kariya Captain

LordStanley94

hey guys, so i got this ccm ducks kariya jersey for a steal off of ebay but it has some technical difficulties. i know already that i gotta pull the mighty ducks patches off of the shoulders because they never wore those on the CCM jerseys. My only other question is whether or not this captains C should be on it. im pretty sure the ducks named paul the captain for the 96 season which i guess would mean that i definately gotta pull the C off because 96 was the season they switched to nike. however, can anyone find any pictures or know for a fact whether or not he ever wore the C on a ccm jersey, perhaps in a game Ladouceur was injured or something??? thanks a lot!

The shoulder patches could be fine. They didn't have them on the original CCM sweaters, but everything from Nike until they changed their colors had the shoulder patches. If your jersey has the CCM tag on the hem, then it's wrong. If the CCM tag is on the back of the neck, it's right.

Not sure about the "C"

thanks dropkick, its the original ccm ultrafil. so the shoulder patches gotta go.

Kariya definitely wore the "A" in 95-96. I can't tell if he was named captain later that season. But I guess not.

In the video for the last game of the season in which he scored his 50th goal, he's still wearing the "A."

thanks a lot for the help LAK and Victim, off goes the C!

thanks a lot fountain, thats exactly what i needed.

Looks like you already made the decision to remove the "C," but you know, there's still a question lingering in my mind. In 1995-96 Ladouceur missed a lot of games (19, to be exact), and Kariya played in all 82. You would think that Kariya filled in as captain in at least some of those games, so did he actually get to wear the "C" in those games? Makes you wonder...

Has the "C" come off yet? :)

Looks like you already made the decision to remove the "C," but you know, there's still a question lingering in my mind. In 1995-96 Ladouceur missed a lot of games (19, to be exact), and Kariya played in all 82. You would think that Kariya filled in as captain in at least some of those games, so did he actually get to wear the "C" in those games? Makes you wonder...

Has the "C" come off yet? :)

I would lean more towards the fact that Kariya didn't wear the C when Ladouceur was out. Most teams don't switch Captains when the Captain is out of the lineup due to short term injuries.

LAK, that was pretty much what i was thinking when i posted this thread, hoping maybe somebody had a picture or something. The "C" hasnt come off yet but only because ive been pretty lazy. it probably will soon tho as ive decided it would probably be cool to track down a FGW mickey mouse patch and just make it a rookie jersey. That is proving nearly impiossible tho. anybody have a lead on one of those?

LAK, that was pretty much what i was thinking when i posted this thread, hoping maybe somebody had a picture or something. The "C" hasnt come off yet but only because ive been pretty lazy. it probably will soon tho as ive decided it would probably be cool to track down a FGW mickey mouse patch and just make it a rookie jersey. That is proving nearly impiossible tho. anybody have a lead on one of those?

Actually, though, do you really need the FGW patch for a Kariya rookie jersey? From what I've seen, the Ducks only wore that patch at the end of the '93-94 season when Wells died. Kariya didn't play until the next season.

On the captain issue, I'm sure lafountain is right, but if (and I don't really remember) Ladouceur missed a lot of games in a row, I thought maybe an alternate captain might actually wear the "C." In '92-93, when Gretzky missed part of the season, I'm pretty sure Robitaille wore the "C" until Gretzky got back. In any case, whether you go with the '94-95 or '95-96 Ducks, you're a lot safer removing the "C." :)