Winter Classic Jersey

Dasle

Ok, so I ordered a winter classic jersey from IJ.com last week and just stumbled across the WC patch on another thread here. Now, I know you are gonna say call this #, but I'd rather ask you guys here first anyway :)

So, I was thinking about ordering the patch and either calling them and seeing if there was still time for me to mail the patch and have it sewn on.

The question I have though is this: The patch is 4" by 4". I ordered the small jersey so I'm not sure if the patch will look way oversized on it or not. One thought I had was wait to get the jersey, then send it back to have the patch sewn on if I felt that it looked alright. Now, do any of you know how much that would cost, and if there would be an additional cost to have it sewn on even if I got it to IJ.com before they finished my jersey?

Any help is appreciated :)

Ok, so I ordered a winter classic jersey from IJ.com last week and just stumbled across the WC patch on another thread here. Now, I know you are gonna say call this #, but I'd rather ask you guys here first anyway :)

So, I was thinking about ordering the patch and either calling them and seeing if there was still time for me to mail the patch and have it sewn on.

The question I have though is this: The patch is 4" by 4". I ordered the small jersey so I'm not sure if the patch will look way oversized on it or not. One thought I had was wait to get the jersey, then send it back to have the patch sewn on if I felt that it looked alright. Now, do any of you know how much that would cost, and if there would be an additional cost to have it sewn on even if I got it to IJ.com before they finished my jersey?

Any help is appreciated :)

I am not sure about how much they would charge you (if at all) to mail the completed jersey back to put the patch on. You could also go to a local shop if there are any you trust to do the work. Your best bet is email customer service at cs@icejerseys.com and ask them, don't forget to include your order number. I assume if the patch got to them before they customized yours that there would be no additional cost.

As for the patch itself, I really don't think it would appear oversized. Just look out on the ice and realize that many jerseys the players are wearing are different sizes but the patch is the same.

I would personally just have them do the jersey and send it to you without the patch.

Mailing a patch to Canada could take up to two weeks. Once you have the jersey, just find a local place that sells letter jackets to nearby high schools or a tailor shop. Explain that you want it sewn on with the zig-zag stitch like the numbers and it should cost you around $5.

I wouldn't worry that the patch would be too big. It will be much cooler with it on.

Yea. Personally, I agree that we should return to the old black and yellow/gold. The vegas gold doesn't look good on the new uniforms, but I did really like last years jerseys. As for the Penguins ever switching to the blue as their standard jerseys, it isn't going to happen. Pittsburgh takes pride in having all of their major sports teams (MLB, NFL, and NHL) wearing black and gold.

If anything, the Penguins are more loyal to Pittsburgh than the other teams. After all, they chose to wear a patch commemorating the 250'th anniversary of the city instead of their 40'th anniversary. The Steelers opted for a 75'th patch commemorating their anniversary. Personally, I would have like to see all three teams come together and all wear a patch for Pittsburgh 250. One that presumably would be a lot nicer than the bland 250 patch the Pens wear.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburgh...s/s_548032.html

A Penguins official confirmed the club is hopeful the NHL will approve a request to make a third sweater of the retro-themed uniforms worn against Buffalo at the AMP Energy NHL Winter Classic. The Penguins want to begin wearing the baby blue uniforms for select home games next season.

From the Tribune-Review. Seems to be official that the Pens are pushing for the third jersey in the baby blue.

To chime in I'd say the vintage Penguins from early 90's would be my pick maybe they just want to go with something that separates itself more from their currents, baby blue would do that for sure. I like them but I wouldn't wear it in public unless I was at a Penguins game maybe.

Hmmmm.....

That is a bit upsetting that they will be the 3rd jersey. The reason being is now instead of that jersey being a 2008 winter classic jersey it will just be a 3rd jersey. Not that it matters much. What they are selling as the Winter Classic jersey right now is not like the game worn jerseys. I suppose the 3rd jerseys that you can buy next season will be closer to the On-Ice Winter Classic jerseys than what they are selling as Winter Classic jerseys at this time.

I have a Malkin Winter Classic jersey on order right now from IJ and I am excited to get it but I do wish that it was closer to what the players actually wore.

There's no picture in that article of their original jerseys, the powder blue ones that said PITTSBURGH diagonally down the front or the late 70s dark blue one with the skating penguin. If the Sabres can use the classic blue and gold jersey as an alternate as they did last season, the Penguins should be able to use their powder blue as one, too. That blue has appeal (for example, the Chargers alternate and the Royals and Blue Jays bringing that color back as an alternate in 2008). The teal of the late 2000's? Well, I wouldn't go that far. B)

To chime in I'd say the vintage Penguins from early 90's would be my pick maybe they just want to go with something that separates itself more from their currents, baby blue would do that for sure. I like them but I wouldn't wear it in public unless I was at a Penguins game maybe.

I agree on the early 90s jerseys. Those are sharp looking.

Not to shift the focus but I own an uncustomized authentic 2000-01 Pens Jersey. I'm going to customize it with naturally Lemieux 66 C but do you guys think it would be worth it to find the "Japan Game One" patch and have that sewn on as well since the Pens opened the 2000-01 season in Japan. Did Lemieux even play in that game?

japan.jpg

JapanHome.jpg

Not to shift the focus but I own an uncustomized authentic 2000-01 Pens Jersey. I'm going to customize it with naturally Lemieux 66 C but do you guys think it would be worth it to find the "Japan Game One" patch and have that sewn on as well since the Pens opened the 2000-01 season in Japan. Did Lemieux even play in that game?

Lemieux did not play in that game. He was out of the NHL from the 97-98 season unitl December 27, 2000 and the Game ONe patch was worn in October 2000. That's why the jersey you pictured is a Jagr.

By the way, if you do find that patch, buy all that you can. I need two and the rest would make a killing on ebay.

Lemieux did not play in that game. He was out of the NHL from the 97-98 season unitl December 27, 2000 and the Game ONe patch was worn in October 2000. That's why the jersey you pictured is a Jagr.

By the way, if you do find that patch, buy all that you can. I need two and the rest would make a killing on ebay.

To add, when Lemieux did come back he wasn't even wearing the "C" until the next season.

Didn't he got the "C" back when Jagr left for Washington?

Well he left over the summer so i'm not sure if Lemieux just came in during the 2000-01 season and wanted things unchanged which is why Jagr still had the C.

I'm not a Jagr fan but what a horrible trade for Pittsburgh Kris Beech, Ross Lupaschuk and Michael Sivek. :blink:

Didn't he got the "C" back when Jagr left for Washington?

Yes he did.

but did he get it back because Jagr was traded or was he going to get it back no matter what?