MSG Store “authentic twill” Rangers Reverse Retro question

zubiecup99

Hey, guys. I’m new to these forums, so forgive me for coming in and starting a thread right away, but this might end up being helpful to a lot of people.  

I ordered a jersey through the MSG store because it was labeled as authentic twill, and then I noticed that there are no nameplates on that particular version. Since the jersey is the most expensive version, I assumed it’d be closest to the ones the players will wear on the ice this season, but I wanted to verify that assumption. 

Which jersey is closest to the on-ice product? The one with the nameplate or the one without it and twill letters?

https://shop-msg.com/collections/exclusive-rangers-reverse-retro-jersey-authentic-twill-letters-numbers/products/exclusive-rangers-reverse-retro-player-jersey-authentic-twill-letters-numbers-panarin-10?variant=37682853544111

Welcome to the boards!

First off, it’s hard to tell which is the most “on-ice” version since...well...they haven’t actually been worn on the ice yet. 
The Rangers will most likely use nameplates for the Reverse Retro jerseys, and I’m assuming the letters and numbers will be twill. As for the customization job, that’s another problem since we haven’t seen them in the ice yet. I’m assuming Arena Wear will be doing them again, and I’m sure anything you order online will not look entirely accurate, and may be sub-or quality. Even the MSG concession stores aren’t done correctly in comparison to the gamers. If you get one of those done early now, there’s a very high probability you won’t be thrilled with it when you see them worn on the ice if you are a perfectionist like most of us here. 

Edited by thebiggoalie

Thank you so much for the warm welcome and detailed answer! I really appreciate it!

Okay, I figured there’d be a trade-off no matter what since it’s Adidas. Unfortunately, I am a perfectionist like you guys, haha, but unlike Reebok, I guess it’s just not possible to get a real authentic from them. Maybe I’ll wait to see what the players wear, and then take the letters off and send it to CoolHockey to have a nameplate put on it later if necessary.

10 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

Welcome to the boards!

First off, it’s hard to tell which is the most “on-ice” version since...well...they haven’t actually been worn on the ice yet. 
The Rangers will most likely use nameplates for the Reverse Retro jerseys, and I’m assuming the letters and numbers will be twill. As for the customization job, that’s another problem since we haven’t seen them on the ice yet. I’m assuming Arena Wear will be doing them again, and I’m sure anything you order online will not look entirely accurate, and may be sub-par quality. Even the jerseys in the MSG concession stores aren’t done correctly in comparison to the gamers. If you get one of those done early now, there’s a very high probability you won’t be thrilled with it when you see them worn on the ice if you are a perfectionist like most of us here.