Was this ever made?

JeffB

This blank jersey is available on IceJerseys.com. It's an Athletic Knit brand.

Vintage-Bruins1931_Home_big.jpg

I was able to get this crest to go on it;

1cf5_1.JPG

Does anyone know if a 1931 Bruins jersey was ever part of the CCM Vintage line? I know they've done at least 3 different 70's-90's Bruins styles, but don't ever recall seeing a 1931 version. The fact they made a jersey and I was able to get a crest for it makes me think it must have been available for retail, but I've never seen one.

Am I onto something unique here? I am going to just put a two color #2 on the back for Eddie Shore.

gc-eddie-shore-oil-on-canvas-38x28.jpg

I've never seen it before either. Where'd you snag that patch from? That'll look pretty sweet when you finish it. No numbers on the sleeves back then right?

I've never seen it before either. Where'd you snag that patch from? That'll look pretty sweet when you finish it. No numbers on the sleeves back then right?

The jersey came from IceJerseys.com and the patch came off of good ol' ebay. It didn't take but a few days for one to show up once I started looking either. Since I hadn't looked before or since, I don't know if I got really, really lucky, or if they come up regularly.

I just can't imagine that they made the patch without putting it on a jersey at some point. Maybe it was from one of those acrylic sweaters that were sold in the past and never a jersey.

There's no sleeve numbers or name, just the back number in brown trimmed with gold, so it shouldn't cost an arm and a leg to get it done up either. :thumbsup:

Bruins1.gif

According to NHLUniforms.com, they used that style from 1926-27 to 1931-32

I could swear that was one of the first acrylic sweaters that CCM released, like about the time when the did the New York Americans. Therefore, a crest would have been created. This warrants serious research of 90s hockey gear catalogs.

I could swear that was one of the first acrylic sweaters that CCM released, like about the time when the did the New York Americans. Therefore, a crest would have been created. This warrants serious research of 90s hockey gear catalogs.

You would be correct, I located this on another site.

Made by CCM these are actual sweaters not jersey material.

http://www.sportsk.com/bobrvisw1.html

This was never done as a replica style jersey. We have carried the 1926 Bruins Heritage Sweater - but it is sold out for now.

Well that's interesting to know. Perhaps I'm going to be the first with a replica jersey then.

The odd thing is the crest I got has a bit different color combination that the pictures I've seen of the acrylic sweater, having dark brown letters which are also more rounded and a "cruder" looking bear, so know I'm not even sure of the origin of my patch since I suspected it was one off of the acrylic sweaters. Ahh, the mysteries of ebay...

Well that's interesting to know. Perhaps I'm going to be the first with a replica jersey then.

I don't think the had replicas and authentics back then. When I see old pics of that era there's no one in the crowd wearing a jersey.

When I see old pics of that era there's no one in the crowd wearing a jersey.

Noooo, not even close. Back then it was a suit and tie to the game and that's it. The replica hockey jerseys only became popular among fans in the late 70's/early 80's.

I don't think the had replicas and authentics back then. When I see old pics of that era there's no one in the crowd wearing a jersey.

I meant more that CCM never made a Vintage Line replica of the 1931 Bruins during their recent run of throwback North Stars, Nordiques and others. All along I just assumed that if I could find a blank version of it, there must have been crested retail version of it also.

Nearly every other blank CCM jersey was also sold with the proper cresting that I'm aware of, so it surprises me that this one seems not to have been. Maybe that's because it's an Athletic Knit brand.