New to Icejerseys...and already a question

thebiggoalie

Hello there all. I have been collecting jerseys for the last 2 years and just wanted to introduce myself, but I do have a quick question.

I have an authentic mint condition ultrafil black Gretzky Kings jersey and I am looking to add a patch to it. It's the style with the solid white name on the back, not the three toned tackle twill. I have the 100th Stanley cup patch, as well as the 1993 stanley cup finals patch. Just to make certain, were their jerseys that year airknit or ultrafil? I think they even had to stitch the Finals patch to a seperate piece of material over the centennial patch, if I remember correctly. If they were airknit that year, I'll just leave well enough alone. I like to keep jerseys as true to true to NHL history as possible. I will be seeing a relative this holiday season that has done many of my jerseys before.

Thanks a lot to anyone who can help me here.

Welcome to the boards dude.

Yeah they were Ultrafil back then. A lot of the league wore Ultrafil back then. I have the same jersey as you(minus the Gretzky) and I'm looking to add the Cup patch to it as well.

That's what I thought. Would it be worth me finding a black piece of ultrafil to place the Cup patch over the Centennial patch? I'd rather do it the right way, and thanks for the quick, warm welcome!

Sorry I can't help you much on this one, but welcome to the boards! That Kings jersey will always be a classic in my eyes just because Gretzky wore it for so long. I don't care for the Kings too much, but would love to see them go back to that style.

Definitely. They made a huge downgrade when they switched to the purple ones.

Well I'm probably in the minority here but I thought it was a downgrade when the Kings went from purple and gold to silver and black. I like the idea of mulitple teams in the same city sharing colors. Like Penguins, Pirates and Steelers. It shows a nice city-wide unity.