Niedermayer returning to Ducks

lafountain

Not official but pretty close to it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3143032

Good move for the Ducks, just adds to that defensive depth they already have.

They will pick it up in the second half.

Bertuzzi has begun to get comfortable and is an upgrade on the wing...

Their top 4 defenseman will be:

Scotty, Big Nasty

Beauchemin and Schneider

Thats a pretty tough group to play against.

Vllla

I'm curious to see how it affects their cap situation and whether or not they will be making a trade to free up salary. They've already gotten Getzlaf secured for another 5 years and Perry from what I hear is one they are unsure they'll be able to keep. I'm already making plans to see Niedermayer play again this year, he's a treat to watch.

Rumors that Perry may be moved to Montreal.....

For our sake i hope thats true

I am happy that Scotty has decided to come back.

He has always been one of my favorite d-men in the league.

He plays a clean, puck moving, sound defensive game.

He and Lidstrom are arguably the 2 best d-men in the league...though i do have a soft spot for guys like BigNasty, Dion, Regher and Komisarek( leading the league in hits!!!)....

• 1 month later...

I completely respect Niedermayer as a player but does he really deserve to go to the All-Star game after playing only 18 so far?

I realize he has done quite well since he came back, but isn't there another Western Defenseman who should be there as opposed to Scottie?

I completely respect Niedermayer as a player but does he really deserve to go to the All-Star game after playing only 18 so far?

I realize he has done quite well since he came back, but isn't there another Western Defenseman who should be there as opposed to Scottie?

Brian Rafalski is 2nd among blueliners in scoring. He deserves it over Niedermayer, just based on this season's numbers. However, the Ducks are 12-4-2 since Niedermayer returned and the 2007 Finals are too fresh in somebody's mind. I don't like it that he's getting rewarded for sitting out half the season making his mind up.

Rafalski didn't decline his invitation did he? I don't know why but for some reason I think I heard that somewhere.

Frankly, if Niedermayer had any class in him then he should decline the All-Star invite and defer it to someone else. That's not fair to all the other d-men in the West who played the WHOLE year. The friggin votes are all just a popularity contest anyway.