UPDATES: My Collection & L@@king for more!

StayFrosty

I am reserving this new thread to post updates on my collection as it advances and grows.

UPDATE 5-5-2020

New pics have been posted as a reply!

I'm regretting my original plans here. The idea was to have a jersey for every single existing NHL team and I'm just not seeing what the point or use would be. I don't see myself wearing anything other than Oilers colors at this time. And I will be getting most of them crested. I will buy Adidas "retail" Indo jerseys, or Reebok 2.0's if they are available with up to date on-ice designs.

4-18-2020:

I've been sort of a shady hockey fan so far in my life, but now I realize that hockey has been one of my only consistent - albeit on and off - interests for the last 15 years. Other interests mostly come and go in no time. I recently sold almost my entire jersey collection (all Oilers team-issues) yet again. But now I have decided to keep the one last jersey I had for sale. I am currently looking for any jerseys that meet the following qualifications:

- ANY of the current 31 NHL teams (soon to be 32)

My new collection will hopefully have a jersey to represent each NHL team eventually. I prefer to start with the recent Stanley Cup winners and work my way backwards, but whatever. If I get a good enough deal, I might buy a jersey from any team.

- Standard HOME TEAM colors only.... and no alternates.

I only want dark-colored home team jerseys with their main logo on it that they usually play with in these modern times.

- Can be Reebok authentic, team issued, or Indo-Edge. For Adidas I will take the "On-Ice" retail jersey, as long as everything is sewn to the jersey.

I won't be picky anymore. I can't fool myself that I'm as die-hard as everyone here. What I don't like is spending a small fortune on a jersey, and risk something happening to it, especially when I consider that I wear the jerseys myself. These last five years there have been floods in my basement where I live, and now we have mice running around. I know there are ways to protect your jerseys, but I just can't justify owning such valuable items anymore in light of how life tends to go, as well as how the world is going. It doesn't feel right to me, especially when I'm not exactly "rich" by any stretch.

- Must be a good price!

As I said, I have to justify the expense. And that can't be EXPENSIVE. I won't even look at anything that would end up costing me over $250 CAD, and I hope to buy jerseys for much lower than that as well. I'm already getting off to a good start with that, as I have two new jerseys on the way from benhsports.

- I need size 58, 58+, 60, or larger. I might go for a 56.

I do still like to wear my jerseys, and I'm quite plump!

- Jerseys I buy can be brand new, or used.

I don't care really. I just don't want something that's in rough shape, unless it was a sick deal on a gamer.

- I prefer BLANK jerseys, or something with a name on it of a player who actually accomplished big things for his team.

Yes, you heard me, I will prefer blank jerseys. I want to represent the teams. And no offense to anyone here, but I don't care for the NHL players much. The put on an amazing game, but I just don't believe most of them are good people according to my standards. The main issue is also players getting traded or doing something stupid. I'm done stripping jerseys and getting them recrested, etc. I also want some symmetry in my collection, so in general I will be collecting blank jerseys and leaving them that way.

It's under these guidelines that I hope to build my new collection over the next few years, and also why I don't really regret selling my old collection/s.

As of today, this is the only jersey I still have in my possession, which is left over from my recent but former collection:

IMG-0607.jpg
IMG-0608.jpg
IMG-0609.jpg
IMG-0610.jpg
IMG-0611.jpg
IMG-0612.jpg

Edited by StayFrosty

I collect the same size. Here’s a Devils 58+ that’s under $100 US on eBay that I decided I didn’t need to buy myself. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233451975625

5 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I collect the same size. Here’s a Devils 58+ that’s under $100 US on eBay that I decided I didn’t need to buy myself. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233451975625

Thanks for the tip off! I think I actually saw that jersey as well when I was looking last night. But I'll have to pass for now. I'll see first, at least, if anyone on here has anything to offer me. Who knows what used jerseys I'll be able to snatch up in a sick deal.

6 hours ago, StayFrosty said:

Thanks for the tip off! I think I actually saw that jersey as well when I was looking last night. But I'll have to pass for now. I'll see first, at least, if anyone on here has anything to offer me. Who knows what used jerseys I'll be able to snatch up in a sick deal.

That usually doesn’t happen here since everyone knows what their stuff is worth. But I wish you luck. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/19/2020 at 6:32 AM, mfitz804 said:

That usually doesn’t happen here since everyone knows what their stuff is worth. But I wish you luck. 

Thank you. I totally didn't mean to insult the collectors here. It's just that as I mentioned, I would buy used jerseys, which should be sold for less than if it were brand new.

My new, current haul:

From benhsports. I bought the Nashville jersey because they drafted me in EA NHL lol. And the other two because they're the last two Stanley Cup champs. I regret buying these and I'll be keeping them unopened and selling them.

American-USAjerseys.jpg

From JerseyBaron:

So awesome! I'll be getting Draisaitl on this one with "A" as soon as Elite Sportswear opens again. Jerseybaron also included the 100 year patch and Rogers place patch for free!

imageoilers2.jpg

More from benh:

imageoilers3.jpg
imageoilers4.jpg
imageoilers5.jpg
imageoilers6.jpg

Edited by StayFrosty

10 hours ago, StayFrosty said:

Thank you. I totally didn't mean to insult the collectors here. It's just that as I mentioned, I would buy used jerseys, which should be sold for less than if it were brand new.

I didn’t mean to imply you insulted anyone, you were fine!

Glad you are finding stuff you like!

I ended up totally caving and buying two GI Oilers jerseys directly from Meigray. 😖

Sigh... I think I'll have to also take back what I said about not buying team issued jerseys. I do still sort of agree with what I said, but this is a great hobby that makes me happy. The only mistake here would be if I end up selling my collection again. I still don't really regret selling my: Adidas team-issued that I had crested at McDavid, A team issued Nurse Adidas which was prepared for his use, Dwayne Roloson 06 SCF Jersey I had crested myself, old school game worn Horcoff (just not really that into those old jerseys right now), Brandon Davidson team-issued orange jersey RBK, And the Fernando Pisani team issued I had crested (it was the horrid Oilers' "practice jersey" they wore in games starting around 2008). Luckily, my Royal Blue McDavid team issued from jerseybaron never sold, so I still have it! Whew.

I will post pics of what I have on the way when I get them (probably late next week or early week-after).

What I have coming is a Mark Fayne Oilers Adidas GI, and a RBK Rob Klinkhammer GI.

Klinkhammer is alright I think, I know Fayne was a big let down but the jersey was at a decent price and in my size, otherwise I would have bought a different one. I'd strip the GI Fayne and get someone better on it, but I'm becoming a bit against stripping gamers, especially Adidas, since they are not available for retail AT ALL. I like GIs since they were actually prepared for a player.

So far it would seem (from what my eyes have witnessed) that Adidas team-issued jerseys are not ever available as blanks. So, that's my logic to start with. And I like the "game worn" tags in any event. I always take them off if I do a stripping, which I believe is required (?) if a company will recrest it for you. Oddly enough, and funny, I had this really cheap former friend of mine, literally obsessed with ripping people off, ask me to strip a jersey for him and leave those tags on. He wanted to get MCDAVID on it. Oh brother... He also tried trading me a retail authentic Crosby jersey-foul with the retail tags removed to make it look team-issued. He wanted me to buy him a $400 jersey in the exchange. Riiight.

Needless to say, I declined both those requests....