New around here

jgregt

Hi folks,

I’m new here, but I thought I’d say hello and mention what a cool site this is. I’m impressed with the amount of information and knowledge available.

I buy jerseys to wear on the ice; I’m not a collector per se, so authenticity is not particularly important to me, but many of you have some pretty impressive collections. After visiting here, I have picked up some tips and a sharper eye sharper while browsing on ebay.

I don’t know if its been discussed here or not, but I read in this morning’s paper that the Hurricanes are one of several teams that have now opted to use Rebok’s alternative material jersey following the complaints of the new ones.

Anyway, great site guys.

Hi folks,

I’m new here, but I thought I’d say hello and mention what a cool site this is. I’m impressed with the amount of information and knowledge available.

I buy jerseys to wear on the ice; I’m not a collector per se, so authenticity is not particularly important to me, but many of you have some pretty impressive collections. After visiting here, I have picked up some tips and a sharper eye sharper while browsing on ebay.

I don’t know if its been discussed here or not, but I read in this morning’s paper that the Hurricanes are one of several teams that have now opted to use Rebok’s alternative material jersey following the complaints of the new ones.

Anyway, great site guys.

Welcome! I have tried to merge my collections by obtaining cool jerseys (to me) that I can wear while playing hockey. I find with ebay its hit or miss with the XXL or larger as they usually are either in actuality an XL or a small XXL. I have too many L or XL jerseys which don't help me on the ice but I am starting to remedy that. :thumbsup:

Welcome to the boards! You're in good company here.

It's nice to see someone gives real use to their jerseys. I wish I had some talent with blades and a stick, I'd love to pick up some less expensive jerseys and do the same. As it is, I'll just settle for skating slowly on the Lightning ice when they have that event for season ticket holders later this year.

Question for ya: I've heard rumors some teams are changing up the fabric on the jerseys, but no hard confirmation, just rumors. Do you have a link to that article? Or, if not, can you give us a lil' more info? Are they just switching back to the heavier fabric from years past, or is it something totally new? What other teams are going that route? I'd love to know.

Thanks very much, and again, welcome!

Thanks guys. I'm very impressed with the people here who know what brands and tags were used in what years, etc, etc.

SabreFaninNYC, I have a CCM 550 in XXL that fits well over gear, but recently picked up an Athletic Knit in XXL and it is noticeably larger. It would be nice if there were more XXLs on ebay.

FWIW, I'm originally from CNY but we didn’t get many Buffalo games on TV back then.

Thanks!

So yeah, it does sound like they've gone back to last year's "air-knit" material and opted for less of the bead away stuff. Should be interesting to see how long it takes people to spot this change on the ice. I wonder if they'll ever release the new version for consumer purchase. Wish I knew what other teams had switched...I'll have to pay close attention at future Lightning games.

Hi folks,

Anyway, great site guys.

Welcome! You'll like it here.

Thanks guys. I'm very impressed with the people here who know what brands and tags were used in what years, etc, etc.

SabreFaninNYC, I have a CCM 550 in XXL that fits well over gear, but recently picked up an Athletic Knit in XXL and it is noticeably larger. It would be nice if there were more XXLs on ebay.

FWIW, I'm originally from CNY but we didn’t get many Buffalo games on TV back then.

CNY- nice! I went to college out there.

I noticed that about the CCM's. I was disappointed that my recent purchase of a Canadian swift jersey that was XXL really was more of an XL over the equipment (still a decent fit though). I have noticed about ebay that the XXL's are usually cheaper so that's one positive!