Stay true to yourselves

JeffB

Taken directly from an ebay auction:

"Things used to be so good in Carltown, when I lived by myself and had my jerseys hanging wall to wall. Then I got a girlfriend. We moved in together. Things were not so good in Carltown anymore. We got a new place together called Cathyville. The jerseys are not allowed on the walls anymore. The jerseys are not allowed in the closets anymore. We are no longer to speak of Carltown."

Poor sap. You just know this relationship isn't going to work out and he's going to be left with no Cathy and no jerseys. :rolleyes:

Stay true to yourselves. :thumbsup:

Taken directly from an ebay auction:

"Things used to be so good in Carltown, when I lived by myself and had my jerseys hanging wall to wall. Then I got a girlfriend. We moved in together. Things were not so good in Carltown anymore. We got a new place together called Cathyville. The jerseys are not allowed on the walls anymore. The jerseys are not allowed in the closets anymore. We are no longer to speak of Carltown."

Poor sap. You just know this relationship isn't going to work out and he's going to be left with no Cathy and no jerseys. :rolleyes:

Stay true to yourselves. :thumbsup:

The thing is to establish boundaries early. I will glad cede the bathroom to the fairer sex if they allow me a "man room" in whatever theoretical house I buy in the future.

My wife let me make a room into a sports/Transformers room. I have every figure from the movie line and then some, plus jerseys in the closet. I had to take some of them out and put them in a trunk, as the lot of them broke one shelving unit in our bedroom. Don't want to break another. Thankfully my wife is a sports nut as much as I am, Transformers...is another story.

Thankfully my wife is a sports nut as much as I am, Transformers...is another story.

That's really the trick I think. My girlfriend went to a hockey game with me, and as people often point out, was hooked from then on. I'm pretty sure my jerseys will never be an issue, she bought herself a pink one because she was jealous of mine at games!

Now, on the other hand, my ex was never into hockey and definitely not jerseys. I had bought her an authentic 46 Lecavalier jersey (which was still big on her, but a nice gesture) complete with the Stanley Cup patch after we won the cup, but she maybe wore it once. So, I ended up with another awesome jersey, and it fits me great!

Before you accuse me of being an indian giver, she kept plenty of things I should have gotten back worth much more than that, so we're more than even!

My ex-wife pretended to like hockey, but about five years later, she told me she never liked it, she just made like she did so she could get close to me. Three months later, I served her papers (there were many other reasons, however).

My current wife and I met via a hockey mailing list and was always aware of my jersey collection. I take up about 70% of the closet space in the house because of it, but there are other concessions made that balance it all out and we're both happy. My stuff did bust the closet rods twice and about half my collection is in storage containers, but I can deal with that.

The guy selling his jerseys on ebay needs to listen to Tom Leykis and learn what a pathetic wuss he is. I bet his girlfriend wrote that story for him. Geez, I need to sell some stuff for spacial reasons, but I would never go as far as demeaning myself to gain people's sympathy.