Check out this collection..

BlueShirtOn34thStreet

Nice to see I'm not the only insane one out there. My collection is now roughly 385, but I'm going to put some of the things that didn't work out on ebay in the next week. I've taken the photos and scheduled the auctions to start next weekend, giving me a week to go back and update the descriptions based on how well they come out of the wash!

Where did you find that photo and why don't you invite him here? He seems like a good one to have around.

Nice to see I'm not the only insane one out there. My collection is now roughly 385, but I'm going to put some of the things that didn't work out on ebay in the next week. I've taken the photos and scheduled the auctions to start next weekend, giving me a week to go back and update the descriptions based on how well they come out of the wash!

Where did you find that photo and why don't you invite him here? He seems like a good one to have around.

What jersey are you going to sell?

even with only 120 jerseys I think my wife would kill me. If I take a cheap shot and say well how many shoes do you have?...she would repeatedly beat me with a hockey stick. I hope heaven has jerseys.

Yeah, I'm right there with you. I had to rearrange my closet so I could get my jerseys on the longer bracket against the back wall. Now, they take up the ENTIRE back bar!

I wish I had the kind of money to spend and get all the jerseys I want. But, from the sound of things, I don't really have the money for home improvement projects if they kill a closet rack on me!

Seriously though, as a fairly new collector, you guys are my role models. One day I hope to have an expansive collection like you. Any tips besides getting over my aversion to replicas? Places you've gotten a bulk of your jerseys other than ebay? Maybe there's some place you're buying them in bulk I'm not aware of? :thumbsup:

Seriously though, as a fairly new collector, you guys are my role models. One day I hope to have an expansive collection like you. Any tips besides getting over my aversion to replicas? Places you've gotten a bulk of your jerseys other than ebay? Maybe there's some place you're buying them in bulk I'm not aware of? :thumbsup:

80% of my collection is from ebay. Some of the jersey I was lucky to get them from other collectors in Germany.

Seriously though, as a fairly new collector, you guys are my role models. One day I hope to have an expansive collection like you.

STOP RIGHT THERE> LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES> BUY EXPERIENCES NOT THINGS!

Take a vacation that you will remember for a lifetime. Go to Europe. Go whitewater rafting. Spend the money to see the World Championships in Quebec this spring.

I'm just a pathetic addict with an uncontrollable problem - don't be like me.

Set a limit of 30 jerseys. That's enough for one for each day of the month or from each team, but since no one needs a Blue Jackets or Predators jersey, no one, so that leaves you room for a USA or Canada jersey or a really wicked Gretzky collection.

After you get to 30 jerseys, sell one each time you need a new one after that. You'll thank me later.

Mine broke the closet shelf and rack, so I had to move some I didn't wear to a large storage chest. :blush:

I had the same problem since the people who built my apartment used the cheap plastic supports for the wooden dowel used as the rack to hang clothes on. I replaced the cheap plastic ones with nice wood ones and it is holding up very nicely since the weight won't pull the plastic right through the screw that secures the mount to the wall.

I had the same problem since the people who built my apartment used the cheap plastic supports for the wooden dowel used as the rack to hang clothes on. I replaced the cheap plastic ones with nice wood ones and it is holding up very nicely since the weight won't pull the plastic right through the screw that secures the mount to the wall.

I'm still debating on what I want to do with the closet itself. The shelf didn't look like it was built too good by the builders and you can imagine my surprise one morning when I was waking up only to hear a loud crash that was a little too close for comfort. I looked into the closet and its contents were all over the place. The shelf itself sat outside before finally going to the dumpster, we're gonna try something new with the closet. Right now, we're working on the back yard since its so much cooler outside, so the closet has taken a backseat at the moment.

I'm somewhat cheap, so whenever I see a good deal on jerseys, I'll normally go for it. I can't remember the last time I paid a full price on an NHL or NFL replica jersey. That's how I've grown my collection. Its something I've had to learn to curtail since I got married, its hard, but I can't justify buying just any jersey anymore at a full price. Since I've switched jobs this fall, its that much more difficult because I'm not making as much as I was.

I thought my collection was getting a little too big at around 30, but after spending some time on this site I'm not as concerned haha.

I've been trying to sell some jerseys that I rarely wear since my entire collection is replicas so there's nothing really worth having just for the sake of having. After over a year of attempting to sell them I have had absolutely no luck, so I think I will go the ebay route with these.

I try to keep things under control with a list of jerseys that I want. If I come across a jersey that is not on the list, I don't buy it unless I want it after a week or so. Helps me avoid impulse purchases that I may end up regretting.

Speak for yourself. :D

I deserved that.

Here's mine. I didn't need it, but I had to have it since the Blue Jackets and Predators were the only current teams I didn't have at the time.

2980391380100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

STOP RIGHT THERE> LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES> BUY EXPERIENCES NOT THINGS!

Take a vacation that you will remember for a lifetime. Go to Europe. Go whitewater rafting. Spend the money to see the World Championships in Quebec this spring.

I'm just a pathetic addict with an uncontrollable problem - don't be like me.

Set a limit of 30 jerseys. That's enough for one for each day of the month or from each team, but since no one needs a Blue Jackets or Predators jersey, no one, so that leaves you room for a USA or Canada jersey or a really wicked Gretzky collection.

After you get to 30 jerseys, sell one each time you need a new one after that. You'll thank me later.

This is great advice, as the jerseys bug has definitely bit me, and I don't want to go into debt building a monster collection. I like the idea of buying "experiences", since it's what got me into jerseys to begin with. My very first was an away Martin St. Louis after he scored the game winning goal in game 6 that sent the series against the Flames to a 7th game at the St. Pete Times forum. It was a gift from my dad, and I consider it lucky, as I bought it at the forum at game 7 and I was wearing it when we won the cup that night.

Coincidentally, I'm thinking about retiring it from my rotation of jerseys I wear, as it's a 52 and doesn't fit too well (lil big), so I'd like to figure out when I can get St. Louis to autograph it and then frame it and put it up somewhere. You'd think they'd have some event for season ticket holders to go meet the players or something, but I haven't seen one yet this season...