Avery

Getting under a guy's skin is part of the game for an agitator but man, if you go after his illness or family? I think the league should suspend him if true- what do you guys think?

http://www.globesports.com/servlet/story/R...ortsHockey/home

I don't know...I think that Sather should really step in at this point and tell him to shut the frig up or else he'll be fined by the team and that should hopefully be the end of it. He's drawing needless attention to himself and the team. Just stick to what works. If the NHL ends up suspending him for WORDS, there's gonna be a lot of furious people out there...especially with all the hits happening nowadays that are going basically unpunished.

I don't know...I think that Sather should really step in at this point and tell him to shut the frig up or else he'll be fined by the team and that should hopefully be the end of it. He's drawing needless attention to himself and the team. Just stick to what works. If the NHL ends up suspending him for WORDS, there's gonna be a lot of furious people out there...especially with all the hits happening nowadays that are going basically unpunished.

And now there is a possible lawsuit over all of this stuff. Yeesh.

Avery is a classless cheap-shotting dirtbag like he was when he played for the Kings. The only people that ever defend him are fans of the team he plays for. If he called out Blake for having cancer, I would not be surprised in the least. Players say plenty in the heat of battle, get personal about cancer like that and you're a low-life that deserves to have your head mashed in to a pulp, but a suspension from the league? Lawsuit? They're kidding, right?

• 2 weeks later...