Looking for help with two USA NDTP...

mdwsta4

I know some of you guys are really good at finding images so I'm hoping someone can help me out. 

Brandon Saad played on the U18 USA National team in 2009-2010. https://www.usahockeyntdp.com/page/show/1308105-2009-10-u-s-national-under-18-team 

Nick Schmaltz played on the US Jr team during the 2013-2014 season. https://teamusa.usahockey.com/page/show/3352551-nick-schmaltz

What I can't seem to find is any photo of Saad wearing the old style USA alt jersey. I found one of Schmaltz, but it's the USA, not the NTDP style jersey:

Nick-Schmaltz.jpg

NTDP logo for reference:

Christian-Fischer.jpg

Did either of these guys wear the NTDP version of this jersey? If so, was Schmaltz 8 and Saad 22? 

Edited by mdwsta4

I don't think Saad would have worn that style. Save for one game in the 2008 Worlds (ultrafil too), the 1960 version only really made a comeback during the 2010 Olympics against Canada. I don't think it became a permanent fixture until after that. I do know the junior team wore it during the 2011 tournament in Buffalo. After 2011 was probably when it became part of the regular uniform rotation.

On 9/21/2019 at 7:50 PM, Brilliant! said:

I don't think Saad would have worn that style. Save for one game in the 2008 Worlds (ultrafil too), the 1960 version only really made a comeback during the 2010 Olympics against Canada. I don't think it became a permanent fixture until after that. I do know the junior team wore it during the 2011 tournament in Buffalo. After 2011 was probably when it became part of the regular uniform rotation.

That's where my head was going as well. Would Schmaltz have worn it then? The Buffalo uni had the Sabres logo in the stripes, didn't it?