Who has worn the number 36?

JeffB

I recently resorted my jersey database by uniform number and realized that I have a jersey with every number from 1-40 with the exception of uniform #36.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of anyone who wore that number to consider putting on a jersey.

Any suggestions of who to consider to fill the gap in my collection?

I recently resorted my jersey database by uniform number and realized that I have a jersey with every number from 1-40 with the exception of uniform #36.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of anyone who wore that number to consider putting on a jersey.

Any suggestions of who to consider to fill the gap in my collection?

the first player that comes to mind is Matthew Barnaby.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=206

Glenn Anderson - New York Rangers -- 1994

Jeff Neilsen - New York Rangers -- 1997

Daniel Goneau - New York Rangers -- 1998

Rumun Ndur - New York Rangers -- 1999

Alexei Vasiliev - New York Rangers -- 1999-00

David Wilkie - New York Rangers - 2000-01

Matthew Barnaby - New York Rangers - 2001-02->2003-04

Sorry...I have a one-track mind!

The first one that comes to mind is Dennis Seidenberg, but that's only because he wore it playing for the Flyers in 04.

shame on me, how could I just forget about him since most of his game worns are over here. :rolleyes:

shame on me, how could I just forget about him since most of his game worns are over here. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, that's right, Germany! :P

Eh, don't worry about it. Look at me! I can't remember anyone else who has worn number 36 besides Seidenberg!

Amazing how hockeydb.com doesn't let you search by player number. Unbelievable! :blink:

EDIT: I looked at the rosters of teams who played in 93 off NHL94.com (favorite hockey video game, arguably the best) and here's who I found:

Jim Wiemer Boston, Brad Werenka Edmonton, Mikael Nylander Hartford, Todd Ewen Montreal, Jeff Odgers San Jose, Philippe Bozon St. Louis, Shawn Anderson Washington, and my personal favorite, Mike Eagles Winnipeg (you know, Eagles and he's on the Jets?).

Oh yeah, that's right, Germany! :P

Eh, don't worry about it. Look at me! I can't remember anyone else who has worn number 36 besides Seidenberg!

Amazing how hockeydb.com doesn't let you search by player number. Unbelievable! :blink:

EDIT: I looked at the rosters of teams who played in 93 off NHL94.com (favorite hockey video game, arguably the best) and here's who I found:

Jim Wiemer Boston, Brad Werenka Edmonton, Mikael Nylander Hartford, Todd Ewen Montreal, Jeff Odgers San Jose, Philippe Bozon St. Louis, Shawn Anderson Washington, and my personal favorite, Mike Eagles Winnipeg (you know, Eagles and he's on the Jets?).

Wow, so many responses so quickly!

I was considering Seidenberg for a 2004 World Cup Germany jersey, but he wore #84 for the national team. As a team, they wore some real uncommon numbers. Check these out for the 06 Olympics 37, 80, 40, 52, 58, 84, 73, 46, 72, 57 & 49! More like the NFL.

Meanwhile, back to #36, Barnaby is good since he's a known player and some good jersey options like the classic Sabres.

Glenn Anderson is no slouch either. I'm actually getting a rare Team Canada jersey done with his name on it since he was the best known player to wear the style I have that was used in the 1995 Spengler Cup.

Mikael Nylander Hartford - mmmmm, Whalers. Any excuse for a style I don't own is very good since I don't have a later blue Whalers era. I also have a soft spot for Philippe Bozon, the first NHLer from France and am lacking in St. Louis Blues as well. That will make the short list for certain. Crazy enough, I just got an early 90's Tackla brand France jersey and Bozon is the clear and obvious choice for that one. The late, great Winnipeg Jets is never a bad thing either.

Keep 'em coming. This is fun!

Jannik Hansen, the rookie call up for the Canucks during the playoffs last season wore #36. Also shootout king Jussi Jokiennen with the Stars.

After seeing Flyers spell his name correctly, I'm kinda impressed at all the extra letters I added to Jokinen.

Jannik Hansen, the rookie call up for the Canucks during the playoffs last season wore #36. Also shootout king Jussi Jokiennen with the Stars.

Of course! Why didn't I think of Jokinen! He's probably the most obvious choice if you want someone playing right now! The two moves he uses in the shootout are just unbelievable. It's either the shot to the far side or the "Forsberg." Amazing how he's able to do it over and over again.

Check out this website. You can see who in the NHL has worn any given number.

http://www.azhockey.com/shirts/shirts.html

Perfect for the occasion, isn't it?

Thanks for that link, I had found it once before but failed to add it to my favorites so I wasn't able to find it again.

Krystofer Kolanos wore #36 his rookie year with the Yotes...too bad his career has stalled since his concussion. You could also go with a Steve Moore jersey from the Avalanche.

I have a home semi-pro Kolanos jersey, which I picked up for $49 in 2003 at a Just Sports store. I was at the game where Vaclav Varada plastered him head-first into the America West Arena boards (it was Elvis Night, I'd have to look at the date on the t-shirt that they gave away that night) and he was never the same. Very unfortunate.

Of course! Why didn't I think of Jokinen! He's probably the most obvious choice if you want someone playing right now! The two moves he uses in the shootout are just unbelievable. It's either the shot to the far side or the "Forsberg." Amazing how he's able to do it over and over again.

Actually, The "Forsberg" isn't all that hard to pull off.

• 2 weeks later...

After seeing Flyers spell his name correctly, I'm kinda impressed at all the extra letters I added to Jokinen.

Hansen would be a good choice because he's the 1st ever dane to play in the playoffs. Also he has been playing quite a bit on the Canucks this year and has the same #.

I have a home semi-pro Kolanos jersey, which I picked up for $49 in 2003 at a Just Sports store. I was at the game where Vaclav Varada plastered him head-first into the America West Arena boards (it was Elvis Night, I'd have to look at the date on the t-shirt that they gave away that night) and he was never the same. Very unfortunate.

I liked Kolanos, he had a lot of potential and I was hoping to see him pan out in 05-06. Its too bad his career has stalled the way it has.

• 4 weeks later...
EDIT: I looked at the rosters of teams who played in 93 off NHL94.com (favorite hockey video game, arguably the best) and here's who I found

Hehe you mean this badboy B) :

img0331smallzt9.jpg

Thanks for the azhockey link btw, seems my favorite number is popular with goalies :blush: ...